• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The reason Word HTML sucks arse

meow

Rebutted, enshrined
NLC
Bill Gates:
- The company purposefully designed Microsoft Office so that its Web page output would render correctly only in Internet Explorer (IE). "Allowing Office documents to be rendered very well by other people's browsers is one of the most destructive things we could do to the company.This is a case where Office has to avoid doing something to destroy Windows.

Makes me wonder if they applied the same strategy when they put FrontPage together. :D

http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=24954

Nah, frontpage documents sometimes doesn't even like IE, frontpage has alot of messy code. Its quite a mess.

In my experience, all microsoft products generally suck at writing HTML. I just use notepad and editpad lite.

Originally posted by Archbob
...all microsoft products generally suck at writing HTML. I just use notepad...
And who do you think created Notepad? Yup, you guessed it, Microsoft.

It's above my limited perception how a text editor where you type the markup with your own chubby fingers can affect the quality of the output in any way. :classic2:

Last edited:
Thanks for telling me Bruce.

Notepad is probably one of the best, if not the best applications made by microsoft.

Originally posted by Archbob
Notepad is probably one of the best, if not the best applications made by microsoft.
I agree! I guess it is only the best because it is so simple so they didn't have much to muck up ;)

When I was using frontpage with borders on my pages I got the page repeating about 4 or 5 times. Not sure why. :devious2: I also don't like frontpage extensions which I must say are pretty pointless when you can use something like php.

Originally posted by Bruce
And who do you think created Notepad? Yup, you guessed it, Microsoft.
Yes, but people use FP to write the HTML for them... people use notepad to write the HTML themselves. Kinda different.

Notepad sucks, actually.

Nope, I'm nothing to do with him. I chose my nick before I even heard of Beowulf and his saga.

It's caused no end of problems though. :(

Originally posted by Beowolf
Nope, I'm nothing to do with him. I chose my nick before I even heard of Beowulf and his saga.

It's caused no end of problems though. :(

ok. You just heard the name and thought it was cool?

Back