• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Perfect Host

well go with a personal package, and use mydomain or something and redirect it or whatever. or ask them if they will hos a domain for u

they will register one for you, but I don't think host it...you can use americanhost (their server) to host it. I am kind of confused too...but he said the bandwidth is nearly unlimited, and they might be getting a new server soon, so maybe it will get even better!

Damn, this "perfect host" looks just like another atomichosting. Really, you're gonna trust your stuff to the guy(s) at russoweb? Not me. (I mean, take a look at Alex! He looks depressed or something... no offense.)

well, I say he will survive...as long as he gets some visitors...I think he has been up since at least last year...and if he gets his own server, it might get even better.

Hmm...that kid IS young. He could be the ultimate geek if he had glasses! I know it's mean, but look at him! He's like 13, and he is already fat and depressed! And he has Flash? Maybe he bought it with the money made from his sites in his portfolio. Okay, it's cool that he has his own domain and stuff. Hell, I haven't bought one, and the only ones I have are for free. I don't know if it's worth my time to email him to sign up.

what? He will sign you up within a day if you email him in the morning! What I don't get is all you people that say "there's no such thing as a free unlimited no ads host", and now I find one, and you all are like, "Hmm, I don't know, maybe I will just post that they won't stay up, like everyone else", but maybe, it might just be possible?!?!?!?! Listen to yourselves! Take advantage of this! Even if he doesn't keep it up, you can just move somewhere else-is that sooooo hard??? I mean, geez!!!! We could be the first to know about the best webhost ever?!? Try 'em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, no offense (to Alex and all the other kids who might get pissed), but I wouldn't trust any kind of host run by a kid or kids to last for very long.

if @home allowed servers i would be able to offer free no ad space with cgi and php and all that good stuff... so it is possible... if your isp allows it at no extra charge then it can be done...

Anyone remember that kid with novaservers.com? Looks like this will be another one. As for his "free site" package, I'd rather make one. His is very, how should I say, ugly?

Coolin: Not to get too technical, but an OC-255 would be 13221.65megabits/sec, so ~12.91gigabits/sec. An OC-1 is 51.85megabit/sec, so just multiply the number after the oc to get the speed in megabits. ex: 255*51.85 = 13221.65megabits/sec.

I'd have to say the server is colocated. If infact it is on an oc-12 backbone, the cost would be tremondous. Just for the bandwidth itself, an oc-12 is 622.08 megabits/sec, and at ~300/megabit. He would have a monthly bill of 186,600 a month of just bandwidth, provided he has a full oc-12... He's colocated

--Jim

Originally posted by jimmacr
Coolin: Not to get too technical, but an OC-255 would be 13221.65megabits/sec, so ~12.91gigabits/sec. An OC-1 is 51.85megabit/sec, so just multiply the number after the oc to get the speed in megabits. ex: 255*51.85 = 13221.65megabits/sec.
Yeah, that's not technical all right :rolleyes:

Anyway, I said 10Gbps, that's pretty close to 12.91Gbps.

Back