• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The original free unlimited webhost is back

... Apparently briefly.
Hence my question on the other thread, to distinguish "go to lunch and check again" vs. "Oops, he's down".

Yeah, we have been having fun for the past couple of weeks.

Apparently our data center hosts a Canadian gov't "agency" that has been coming under a DDOS. They have been getting good at filtering them out, but it's frustrating - it affects everyone in the data center.

Still, they managed to get the last one filtered within 15 minutes so I'm not too upset. We are not just being told who the attacker is/was and whom the target is.

We have speculation but no facts.

Please don't scold me! :)

Oh and before we get scolded - don't ressurect old threads - start new ones or PM directly :)

I have to on this one. As Rush once reminded us, "no one is ever wrong, until later" but what's starting to emerge is that "old" in the digital age is a couple of months, which still used to be "new" in the rest of the realm.

Well, here I am offering feedback: The central cWahi page is coming up NotFound, probably for some baroque dns switchover or something. But the point remains the same - it's still the same trap AOL fell into a decade ago. If the service itself is unreachable, then it ceases to be "unlimited service" even if someone's hard drive still has room for 100 new clients.

Back