• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The original free unlimited webhost is back

unlimited file sizes .. or those are the limits? (from your forum there) :

"The maximum size of one file is restricted by net2ftp to 102400 kB and by PHP to 100M"

The limit only applies for the web based uploads. It's because the files are uploaded via HTTP, saved on the front end web server, then the net2ftp script moves them via FTP to the backend.

Use FTP directly - upload all you want, all day long!

We clarified that both on the main page and in another thread somewhere :) I'll make sure it is an FAQ item.

Oh and before we get scolded - don't ressurect old threads - start new ones or PM directly :)

I did want to answer you where you expected.

Last edited:
you have answered him but weeks after his post... So you gravedug an old thread...

OMG - this only appeared to me today with todays date. I coulda swore - I checked before replying.

Actually I'm having odd issues with the new FF 3.0.3 patch. Either my eyes or my system needs a checkout. *mea culpa*

OMG - this only appeared to me today with todays date. I coulda swore - I checked before replying.

Actually I'm having odd issues with the new FF 3.0.3 patch. Either my eyes or my system needs a checkout. *mea culpa*
Btw he cant/couldnt PM :) He doesnt have the required amount of posts

I'm probably out of touch with the free hosting reality these days, but I don't know of any free host in the right mind that would have PHP with the safe mode off -- that's just asking for abuse.

I have it off and we don't get abuse. Mind you we are very strong on who gets are free hosting and mod are servers for are free hosting 24/7. :)

All free hosts should try it then maybe most will stay open more then 1 week lol. :wink2:

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice.

But Cwahi.net is slow, to me at least. It hanged halfway though an upload - 3 times consecutively.

User report update

By that I mean Crosswinds (but, Crosswinds free is now referred to as CWahi, probably a reference to Hawaii, and is located at http://www.cwahi.net/ ). Their new free service seems to be based on their original premise of unlimited webspace, unlimited file transfer, and unlimited file size/type (but unfortunately unlimited server sluggishness will probably accompany it like it did before). Hopefully, they get it right this time around, for their members' sakes.

Some 6 months in, cWahi has now switched places to become my primary host. It has some weird "Mini-Fails" just long enough to dance you to their server page, but an instant later if you reclick it's there. When they have a little downtime, it seems to be spread pretty evenly rather than taking a big 4 hour block.

Tortoise & Hare

Thanks for the advice.

But Cwahi.net is slow, to me at least. It hanged halfway though an upload - 3 times consecutively.

I'm referring to the Aesop theme. I can sometimes deal with "slow" (even a couple short hangs) better than a total outage. One of my second tier hosts from last year had this bad habit of being great until every now and then they hosed for a day and a half.

Some 6 months in, cWahi has now switched places to become my primary host. It has some weird "Mini-Fails" just long enough to dance you to their server page, but an instant later if you reclick it's there. When they have a little downtime, it seems to be spread pretty evenly rather than taking a big 4 hour block.

I found a bug in the operating systems TCP/IP stack which was patched with a later version. Since updating it, the "mini-fails" have almost completely disappeared. It peaked at about 1% but now we have 10 over the past 100,000 page loads - and most of those those were on 1 persons script which was taking too long to spew any output.

So far, I'm happy - nearing 6000 members. We're working on major improvements in the background so all's been quiet - and I haven't been here much. Just decided I should look today :D

Back