• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Official Lycos UK Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Official Lycos UK Thread!

Originally posted by CommunityOne
Jan, why not look at my homepage?! :angry2: :mad:

Oooh...all sorts of rage and anger expressed in this thread. :biggrin2:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Official Lycos UK Thread!

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Oooh...all sorts of rage and anger expressed in this thread. :biggrin2:

As far as I know, I agree with you Conkermaniac about tripod uk and how they need to take a look in the mirror and shapen up or die! really. :rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Official Lycos UK Thread!

As far as I know, I agree with you Conkermaniac about tripod uk and how they need to take a look in the mirror and shapen up or die! really. :rolleyes:

Thanks to you and everyone else for their support! :)

So...now we need to decide how to get revenge. :devious2:

Its LYCOS.CO.UK

notice the .co.uk ? means its for United Kingdom ... its been explained before why peepz deleted asian/chinese sites ... because Advertisers don't pay for them as asian/chinese don't buy anything from the net.

Personally i don't see anything from with lycos.co.uk they are fine for me.

Dont call them Racist ... atleast they offer free space and a good job there doing too .. notice most other free hosts dieing .. lycos.co.uk has stayed and is there.

go find urself a Chinese/Asian host that will offer your needs.

btw England rocks
First I apologize if I hurt you .
I am an Asian and I don't agree with you . If an Englishman live in Australia or Asia , when they register lycos.uk with their location , will they be banned ? Yes , I think so . And if an Asian live in London , what will happen ?
I register with lycos.uk and put my country in registration page because I SEE MY COUNTRY IN THEIR LIST . If they don't support Asian , why don't they remove asian country from their list ?
I don't want to call them racist but i think its not fair , because when I report to them ( through a nice page) that my ftp not work they delete my website . What the ...? Just because I live in Asia and don't live in England ?? Or they believe that I won't pay any penny for their service ? And anyone live in other country except Europe always use free warez and it's damage their benefit ? Ah , all of us (Western or Eastern ) speak in English ( at least in this forum ) and when we decide to change our site to commercial , we must pay . Rule is rule . Lycos.co.uk don't make a fair game , I think so . If they want to hold their bandwidth , I recommend they will not list any country they don't accept in their country field.
Last , I apologize if I hurt you .

It may not nessessarily be a racist reason why they block sites from those locations. Possibly more people from those countries upload inapprioate stuff. So it is easier to cancell the countries then it is to have staff to check people's content.
I don't agree with that, but that seems to be a logical reason why they may do it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Official Lycos UK Thread!

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Thanks to you and everyone else for their support! :)

So...now we need to decide how to get revenge. :devious2:

Make a big list of names of people who dislike Lycos UK's decision on doing this!

I'll see if I can install a script that will do this. :)

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Official Lycos UK Thread!

Jan, why not look at my homepage?! :angry2: :mad:
If you think anyone has time to check out everyone's ever changing sites, you are dreaming. I just thought your racist comment was hypocritical considering the thread I posted. :devious2:

Jan, my problem is resolved would you just stop being the person who's picking at everyone for everything they do. I dislike people who do that. :angry2: :rolleyes: :mad:

(And if you saw the home page before it was updated, you'd see my free hosting is closed. :angry2: )

Anyway... I'm setting up a guestbook script for people to voice their opinions about Lycos UK's decision.

Last edited:
Jan, my problem is resolved would you just stop being the person who's picking at everyone for everything they do. I dislike people who do that. :angry2: :rolleyes: :mad:
Please don't twist my post into a "putting you down" post. You have obviously changed your hosting to paid only, but as a free host you didn't want Asians. Tripod.co.uk still offer a free service, but now they have chosen to place restrictions on who signs up, much the same as you did when you were offering free hosting, but they are big guns and can afford to do it.

I am sure their paid hosting will accept Asians as yours will too.

Right, at the end of the day .. its a host the offers FREE HOSTING .. they are kind enough to offer it and its up to them who they disallow and who they allow.

Think about, you run a webhosting service, alot of people sign up and the advertisements cant cover the cost due to the advertisements blocking certain countries, then the host looses out. and maybe also these countries are most popular for abusing the host.

Its just a FREE HOST don't bitch about something you get for free.

Originally posted by Lovellz
Right, at the end of the day .. its a host the offers FREE HOSTING .. they are kind enough to offer it and its up to them who they disallow and who they allow.

Think about, you run a webhosting service, alot of people sign up and the advertisements cant cover the cost due to the advertisements blocking certain countries, then the host looses out. and maybe also these countries are most popular for abusing the host.

Its just a FREE HOST don't bitch about something you get for free.

Racism is wrong. I bet that if I went out onto the streets of America using a not-so-polite term to refer to African-Americans, everyone would be furious at me. Hey, there's nothing wrong! It's freedom of speech, right? :rolleyes: Tripod UK is doing the same thing here. They are singling out Asians as the ones who CAN'T join, rather than singling out British people as the ones who CAN join. I have no problem with the latter, but the former situation - it's just outrageous. I don't care if Asians, Africans, or Europeans abuse your service. You either allow everyone, or allow a selected group. Banning a selected group is NOT acceptable.

yea but they are the ones paying the bills and maintaining the servers, so its up to them who can join.

Originally posted by Lovellz
yea but they are the ones paying the bills and maintaining the servers, so its up to them who can join.

You're right, it is their decision. But we're not arguing about that - we're talking about the morality and the ethics of that decision. ;)

They consist of a bunch of racist, stupid bastards
I think you need to look up the meaning of the word racism. I haven't seen any evidence in this thread that they're discriminating against race.
Can someone with an Asian nationality residing in the UK sign up? Is someone with the British nationality residing somewhere in Asia going to be able to sign up?
How about someone with European ancestors or African? Are they going to be able to sign up if they're in Asia? From this thread it seems no... are they going to be able to sign up if they're in UK? Yes

Think something through before you're going to put a label on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back