• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Hosting Tool Secure?

Will THT become more secure? Because it gets hacked 7% of the time, which is very often.

What? Where did you get that statistic? The only known security vulnerabilities have all been patched. If anyone knows any more, I urge them to come forward and tell me so we can improve the system.

take it from me
THT is secured we are working with a small hacker team to test security on it
93% is safe
but 7% still need some changement

What? Where did you get that statistic? The only known security vulnerabilities have all been patched. If anyone knows any more, I urge them to come forward and tell me so we can improve the system.

Its on the first page of this thread. I thought that the guy was one of the developers, but I guess he is not.

Its on the first page of this thread. I thought that the guy was one of the developers, but I guess he is not.

No, he's not related to THT at all, and I can't find any proof to back up his words.

Like I said, we take security very seriously, please report any vulnerabilities anyone knows of.

Well, Tc-Ltd is banned while he only have 9 posts.
It seems like that person is not someone who we can trust his words.

iPanel does P2H, but iPanel has not been very good lately for a variety of reasons. There is also an addon for WHMCS that does P2H and costs around $10. However, this addon is still new and while it works, it is not pretty (think invoices & payments of $0.00 showing up every month for every P2H client. Your best bet is to probably use WHMCS for paid clients and THT for P2H only, with the following precautions:

1) Require "Signup Posts" - this makes the user post their first month in advance.
2) Require admin approval for all clients/orders.

Also, I'm not making any promises at all, but you could see 1.2.4 by the end of the year. That date could change at any minute though, so don't bet on it.

iPanel is great software, but has the worst support/developer team I've ever known.

Example:

Screenshot-2011-10-18_13.21.21.png

Eleven month old ticket, and to this day the issue still isn't resolved in their ticket system. I'll go ahead and admit the problem turned out to be that my iPanel folder had special characters in it and a bunch of other crap that apparently caused the cron issues. But still, that ticket was open for over eleven months. It was a terrible experience, and that was why I stopped using iPanel.

Last edited:
iPanel is great software, but has the worst support/developer team I've ever known.

Example:

Screenshot-2011-10-18_13.21.21.png

Eleven month old ticket, and to this day the issue still isn't resolved in their ticket system. I'll go ahead and admit the problem turned out to be that my iPanel folder had special characters in it and a bunch of other crap that apparently caused the cron issues. But still, that ticket was open for over eleven months. It was a terrible experience, and that was why I stopped using iPanel.

Yeah, their support is just awful. And, since the sale, I don't think the developments been going much of anywhere.

Yeah, it's a shame because iPanel had a lot of potential. Now it's not going anywhere. :|

Before install any scripts, I recommend you see their main site. You must sure developers 'll continue their works on future to help you by security patchs or updates. Don't try your mind by installing overdate scripts. So let's choose TheHostingTool. I don't like iPanel. :evilb:

Just to bump this thread.

Schmarvin, if you have personal reports and security exploits you've found then please feel free to report these to me personally or the team. Although I'm not constantly active in development, I will personally ensure that the system is secure to use. I focused a lot of time running through scenarios with the code to make sure it was secure for a market which is riddled with shady characters.

I've heard no reports of security flaws or exploits with THT. I've personally encountered CSRV and a SQL Injection, which simply shouldn't of been in there, especially with how the code base works.

Until then folk, THT is perfectly secure to use. I've heard no exploits in months.

I think THT is the only option that we have once it comes to a P2H system however whmcs is the best for free hosting and all kind of paid hostings ..

Back