• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The free hosting industry!

LegitWebHost

Hi there,

Let me tell you all a little interesting fact existing in the free hosting industry!

When I try to search up free web hosting, there are actually a lot of hosting companies poping up.

Then, I clicked into each of them (I actually did!), what I most found out is that these hosting companies share the same server, or are the resellers of the same companies.

Hence, when you try to signup for one another, the system always says your domain name is already existing in their system.

This is so obvious to me because even the email, the signup form, and nameservers they have sent to me are similar, or even the same.

When I went to name servers lookup, they are all with the same servers: ns1.main-hosting.com, ns2.main-hosting.com, ns3.main-hosting.com and so on.

Of course, there are still lots of other hosting companies which are totally independent, yet I have not found them all out.

:biggrin2::p ...:lol:

Yes, totally agree with you. When I was searching on Google for a free host, I did found that most of them were resellers from byethost and they would not let me sign up as my email was already used on one of their hosts. Also, stay away from hosts that has "000" or "0000" in their domain name, they use the same reseller.

I am really out of this hosting area, but I suppose it is possible to get free hosting which would be the independent provider. It is not necessary to be based in America, as there are thousands of hosts worldwide, some are better other are completely worthless.

But overall I believe it is unreasonable to use free hosting for business.

I try to let new learners be "their own man". It's 5% amusing when the back end goes down and drags ten resellers with it, but I promote education, and the only way we'll get a good crop of "3rd generation owners" is if they have their two chances at mistakes.

Hello, comforth,

Thank you for sharing this, that is very interesting and funny! I can assure you that our hosting service does not play such tricks; we only have one signup page and we only host our own clients. Actually, *technically* we have 2 signup forms at the moment, however, one will very soon disappear, as we our changing the name/design of our site.

Hosting with hosts that use the same Whitehaven solution is probably not the beat idea, no doubt sooner or later the company will close and all the resellers using the whitelabel solution to run their hosting service will be in trouble!

Back