• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The forum rules needs updating urgently or you will lose forum members including me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john874

Hi,

I have just been a member of this forum for around 4 years. I have had an affiliate programs directory listed in my signature for 3 of them years. Well today I just got it removed as it is supose to be in violation with your TOS which it clearly shows that it is not.

Your TOS says that affiliate referral links are not allowed to be used on these forums which is just like any other forum on the web really. It clearly showed that I did not have any referral links in my signature but had a site that listed that has affiliate programs listed, a forums, marketing articles, affiliate software and more usefull stuff for your forum users. Well with some of the programs there are referral links where only a small percentage are mine and some are other peoples for contributing and then about 60%+ of the affiliate programs listed are not actually referral links at all. They just like directly to the affiliate program or the affiliate programs homepage.

Now as stated above this is site was listed in my signature using the homepage like http://www.domainname.com and not a referral link in my signature like http://www.domainname.com?affiliateid=33333333

I'm just wondering if why it isn't mentioned in your TOS, that my site got removed by a mod and hadn't over the last 3 years since it has been there. I have been using these forums for ages now and have contributed over 300 posts. I know alot about affiliate marketing and general marketing and web hosting and have contributed alot to this forum.

I had noticed that my thread also got deleted because I had redesigned my site just under 2 weeks ago and asked what people think of the design. That linked to my affiliate programs directory homepage and was not a referral link. I read your TOS there before posting and it clearly stated that reviews should not be posted that are just a forum, I affiliate programs directory has forums, but also has alot of other stuff and I didn't ask for a review of the forums.

Could you please look into this situation as I feel that after being a forum user on here, I have been treated unfairly for no reason as I have followed all the TOS on here and have contributed alot.

I really feel right now that I may stop using this forums if certain users are treated this way even though they have followed all the tos.

If you want the username of the moderator that done this to me, I will then give it to you, but I will not list the moderator here.

Thanks for your understanding.

From what you write I think your link should be ok unless you advertise a specific offer in your signature. But I'll see if there's something else to this story first. I would prefer to have this discussion in private though.

Thats fine, we will take it private. I want to also know what the infraction was for. PM me once you find out more.

I totally agree with the moderator who gave you that infraction, so it should be removed, it's just another way to get around the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back