• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Bible

Originally posted by conkermaniac
But at least my God will be able to stand up to iron chariots, unlike the Christian one.

Of course, with yours being the new guy on the block, he would have to prove himself. But standing up to iron chariots really doesnt prove much anyway. Providing that the Book of Revelation is an accurate view of the future and not just a preview of some modern day movies....God will stand up to far more than chariots.

But to the book question.....the God of the Bible says He has gone by many names. Who's to say the Bible isnt the only book of his? Who's to say he isnt the same God in those other books, but having different names? After all, they do all contain many of the same laws.

Faith...is just that...Faith. It's a question of what you think and what you believe. The Bible was not meant to be interpeted word for word literally. It was written for a 4 year old to understand it, yet many times it is beyond our thinking.

Personally, being Christian is a choice, in a belief that you feel is right, just like I believe in a Free Country. I have seen too many things in life that cannot be explained, and I've been through alot myself, and many things cannot happen with out some form of creator and guide throughout the process.

One thing, you tell me how a speck of infinite mass exploded, creating a planet that was farther away than venus so it wouldn't be too hot, yet closer than Mars so it wouldn't be to cold. Please explain to me how this happened just right. Explain to me how my nation (the USA) is the most powerful country in the world, and the only country in the world to print the words "In God We Trust" on it's currency. There are a trillion little mysteries in life that will never be known to us on Earth.

Oh joy. The intelligent design arguement. AND baseless assertions of Webdudes.

It's a pity I'm still living away from home, I don't have time to join into the fray here.

:cry2:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
The problem with this is that I can create my own God and say that He can do anything. But at least my God will be able to stand up to iron chariots, unlike the Christian one.

Also, nobody has answered my question yet...what makes the Bible any more believable than the Greek myths or the Buddhist texts? Why was evil introduced by a fruit and not Pandora's Box?

What makes it better and more beliveable is One one way that none of the books contradict each other even though they were written 100s years apart and Revelation is a book of the future where things written in that book have/will come to past And even our founding fathers believed that a nations cannot rise without God's Aid I mean ever since they took God out of the courtroom Schools,ect ect..things havent been looking that Good Our country (usa) was based on God and its the richest country in the world the frist in everything.How can you say the you just was poof here or you were slime frist well if so somebody had to make that slime nature even shows there a God because everything has something above it Deer eat Grass Grass uses soil soil made by a earthworm,earthworm..made made..um.. by ..slime...and slime made out of nothing, nothing made out nothing :rolleyes: ....it just dosent add up.What makes us special that we own our lives I mean you mom and dad made you shouldnt they own your life and your Grandparents made them dont they own part of you life too..OoOOOO and if we come from slime..w/e you call it the Big bang should a Dense partical matter be the one we'er thanking..no..no..we should be thanking nothing:rolleyes: ..uh...thats dosent make sense nothing+nothing=nothing somethings can't come out of somthing it has to be created frist and given the gift to that creation can create something..Sayin there is No God or nothing above us...Dosent add up can nothing become something with aid or an just creation..you tell me an instance that you know of that nothing becoming something....And who created God..God...it ends somewhere but it just dosen't with chance our bodies our to complexfor even the thought or evolution...I mean all we changing now i mean I no smarter than my mom wen she was my age should be using more of our brians and if evolution is true..what started it all...SLIME:rolleyes: ..I dont compare my religion w/ other I might offend people:rolleyes: well im in a hurry..

Originally posted by JKola
What makes it better and more beliveable is One one way that none of the books contradict each other even though they were written 100s years apart and Revelation is a book of the future where things written in that book have/will come to past
You're joking, right? The whole book is a contradiction. God isn't even sure whether he created animals or people first (Genesis 1 vs. Genesis 2), and he's seems to have no clue as to the correct genealogy from David to Jesus (as I posted before). And also, while God supposedly forbids adultery and rape, he commands the Israelites to take all the virgin women of conquered tribes for themselves. That's how they ended up raping the Moabite women. I don't want a God who condones rape.

I don't feel like reading the rest of your post. If you could format your post better, I might be able to actually look at it. :)

The Bible has some good stuff in it. Such as the one about looking at yourself when you see faults in others. And the one about treating others the way you want to be treated. And how it tells you to love thy neighbors. Too bad most Christians didn't follow it.

Originally posted by Toefur

BTW: Conker, I've seen you posting over at Infidels, aye?
Oui. I didn't see you over there, though. Do you go by a different username?

One thing, you tell me how a speck of infinite mass exploded, creating a planet that was farther away than venus so it wouldn't be too hot, yet closer than Mars so it wouldn't be to cold. Please explain to me how this happened just right.
Taking into consideration how large this universe is and how many planets there are, you gotta like your chances. It's just like asking, "How do people win the New York Lotto?" The odds are about the same.

Of course, with yours being the new guy on the block, he would have to prove himself. But standing up to iron chariots really doesnt prove much anyway. Providing that the Book of Revelation is an accurate view of the future and not just a preview of some modern day movies....God will stand up to far more than chariots.
Non sequitur. I was asking why can't God stand up to iron chariots. While it's true that there are more important issues, such as nuclear war (at least according to you), but he should be able to stand up to iron chariots anyway, even if it proves nothing.

I'm going to go ahead and take Owen's challenge. The site he posted (godandscience.org) is so filled with mistakes that I don't even know where to begin.

I think I'll start with the first article: "A Loving God Would Not Send Billions of People to Hell, Would He?" Even though I don't personally like this atheist argument very much, the counterargument offered by this site is hilarious.

So why doesn't God make everyone into perfect beings and allow them all into heaven? It would actually be more cruel if God were to do this, since many people prefer hell to the alternative (complete submission to God).
The main question is why God didn't just make us all perfect, so I've decided to focus on this segment of the article. Unfortunately, this is just so mind-numbingly stupid that I don't think there's anything to say. Who the hell would choose Hell (pun not intended) over submission to God, provided that God does exist? Atheists refuse to submit to God because there is no proof that this God exists, not because they think Hell is a nicer predicament.

The next article that I have chosen to examine is "God: Invented in the Image of Man?"

However, if men were to invent the God of Christianity, it is unlikely that it would be the demanding God of the Bible. The God of the Bible is described as holy1 - without sin and without the ability to commit sin.2 The holiness of God is described as being above anything that humans can attain, such that no human can stand before Him as holy.3 Behaving more morally than most other people is not sufficient to escape the punishment of the God of the Bible.4
I fail to see why any of these reasons is any reason to believe that the Christian God was not the product of mere invention.

In nearly all religions, salvation is attained through human effort. Only in Christianity does salvation come solely as a gift from God5 - it cannot be earned through human effort.
What the hell are they thinking? Are they saying that we are either predestined for hell or heaven? Well, in that case, I'm glad to hear that I have just as good a chance of getting into heaven as the person who wrote this article.

Most of the religions of the world describe their god as existing within the universe.
Let's see...Judaism: No, if Christianity says no. Islam: No. Buddhism: No. Hinduism: No. Taoism: No. In fact, Christianity and Judaism are the only two religions in which there is doubt as to whether their god exists within the universe. Maybe the authors should actually learn the other religions of the world before attempting to make a comparison.

Human Lifespan: ~120 years
Crap like this says a lot, and I mean A LOT, about most Christians.

I will not do a one-by-one on the next article: "What about atrocities that have been done in the name of religion?" However, I will say that this guy has the reasoning ability of a peanut. He asks "Should atheism be blamed for the atrocities of [Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot]?" The answer, of course, is no. These leaders did not commit these atrocities in the name of atheism. Similarly, we should not consider Christians who have committed atrocities without citing Christianity as their motivation. The issue at stake here is the Christians who have committed atrocities in the name of Christianity, oftentimes using legitimate Bible scriptures to justify their actions, and this article has failed to account for such people.

I am really tired of looking at this. Maybe I'll finish the rest of my analysis at a future date.

Back