• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The Best Free Host Ever

How would u rate this host?

• 10/10

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • 6/10

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • 4/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/10 or less

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by striker
Switch2 my man I dont know why these people get angry when u said this. This is like the best free host ever and this is the thanks u get. I dont understand it, it seems some people always can find something to whine about.

I thank you very much anyways.

There are two types of free:

1) Good Free: Things that are free, and the owners try to make it last.

2) Stupid Free: Give it all away then die. Just look at the features they provide. Common sense should tell you 2+2 = 18 don't add up and look for another host because it won't last.

I don't think people are here bitching/whining, they are just saying "when it dies, you know why" and don't want to bother to deal with such a host because people are tired of moving hosts every week.

The best free host is probably ww.dreamwater.com since they lasted for 3 years and they aren't totally crap. Yes they are useless but they aren't crap.

Originally posted by Switch2
SO SORRY I EVEN MENTIONED IT, JEEZ, ALL U DO IS MOAN MOAN MOAN WHAT THE **** DO U EXPECT FOR FREE. IF U WANT GOOD SECURITY, 100% UPTIME, FASTER SERVERS GO PAY FOR ONE :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

EDIT : WHEN I POSTED THE MSG THEY WAS STILL SIGNING UP :angry2:

Are you saying that we can't post negative comments about it? then why did you make a poll?

I only just got an account, I wouldn't like to see users abusing the service by signing up for a ton of accounts (since it is automated).

I just mailed support regarding the service.

hey I've been speaking to the owner about this issue and this is what he had to say to all of you -

XNetUK.co.uk
Dear, Freewebspace.net Forum users.

After reading your post's and comments concerning XNetwork, we would like to give you the following reply.

Thankyou for the nice comments from some of you, and we apologise for any problems you may have encountered. We've currently been open for just over 3 weeks, but we do have plenty of technical experience in this area, and we are working around the clock to maintain an efficent service. If you encounter any errors with our website we will do our best to rectify them within 12 hours.

Why can we offer this service, without ad's? Well, this service is unlimited, and presently we do not make a profit. Soon we will be offering premium accounts to users wishing to upgrade to many more fantastic features.

You could possibly have experienced some problems with viewing websites, after we recieved a surge of singups from this forum. We have no rectified this. We would like to point out, PHP, MySQL, ASP, SSI, CGI is all active on our server, and we run with naked installs of them all. Most of this service runs on trust of users not taking advantage and trying to exploit our services.

If we find exploit attempts, we will discontinue the service.

As for warez, each members website is continually checked every 6 hours by a member of our support team for illegal content. Any illegal content is deleted, account closed and e-mail address signed up with banned.

We would like to inform you, that we do not plan on going anywher in the near, or distant future. But we do plan on expanding absoloutely great services!

If you have any questions,

support@msnx.biz

This host is nothing but good, VERY fast support and freindly support.

YEA!

Of course it is good ;)
And 'ad free' meant there is no adverts placed on members sites (as of time of writing)

----------
Sean - XNetwork Representative

Support response is indeed very quick, I do like what they offer and how kind they are to offer such hosting features for free. I asked about how they monitored accounts, and they do monitor sign ups closely. Being so kind, they are going to invest in a new linux server to support such demands.

So please...no abuse... :)

They say free accounts won't last forever... as they plan to go into a premium service.

Their answer to our "comments" is better than what I get from free host when I e-mail them for support. The email was simple and had no loops (meaning things that can get your account deleted or just disapear) in the text. They are the best free host yet, so far.

How do you guys find these host anyway? By seaching google to the end of the net?

Hello Everyone.

Thanks for your comments concerning XNetwork, good or bad. We are trying our best here to offer a free service for everyone, but as some of you have mentioned, they cannot go on forever. Anyone with a free service account will keep it.

Soon enough, we will be opening premium accounts and the prices will be criminal to miss. such as $50/per year, for Quad-Tripple what's on offer in the free account.

We're upgrading all the time, and we try our best to please everyone!

If you need support or want to ask me 100's of questions, visit http://www.xnetuk.co.uk/support/live.php
(sorry about the errors earlier)

Liam @ XNetwork

They really are great! I just got an very friendly reply to my mail about 10 minutes after I send the mail... account info mail from some other free host (the one you get after sign up) take longer than that!!!

Hope it can maintain this quality (both support and the actual hosting) for a long time!

Can you please at least purchase a server instead of running this thing at home? If not, get a better connection... if I need hosting, I am not going to pay you 50 bucks for an hosting account with an ADSL line...

Why do users automaticly assume fake Zone Files are from single slow, internet providers? XNetwork is hosted on a 9mbit switch port via special arrangement with Jong Internet Services and Sprintion.

Please don't assume that our free hosting is on ADSL until you take it up with us. If you try TraceRoute (tracert) in DOS, you will notice that our server is indded hosted on sprintion on ample bandwidth for our free users.

Premium accounts will be hosted on our Dedicated Linux server, on a shared OC12 Network.

Liam @ XNetwork

Its not standard ADSL, thats just the reverse dns.
We are also expanding the network at the moment and are always upgrading and enhancing the existing servers.

--------
Sean - XNetwork Representative
http://www.xnetuk.co.uk

Number 1. That is a FAKE DNS, or "Fake Reverse DNS".

We're hosted on Sprintion and Jong.com Internet Services.

Open your command prompt and type in "tracert www.xnetuk.co.uk" you will see 2 entrys before pacificbell is Sprintion, hence our name server shows pacbell to minimize irc attacks.

We can change it to www.xnetuk.co.uk if it will make you any happier?

Anywho, look out for our premium services coming soon.

Good night.

what the heck?

yes I know it is a reverse DNS... but what does this reverse DNS have to do with the connection? it just gives an IP address a name... you can rename the reverse dns deligation to anything you want, it doesn't improve the connection. Even 2 entrys before pacificbell are Sprintion, it doesn't help your connection if the last HOP is an ADSL... I can say i am on 56K, the connection from you to my computer passes through sprint or whatever, do you think it makes my connection goes faster?

As I stated, we have special arrangements with sprint & Jong.com. and as sean stated our ADSL connections are not average.

We Utilize 6 connections in an 'ISDN' mannor. 3up 3 down. 4.5mbit Up, 4.5mbit down.

All in all, 9mbit. Although we stick the statement, PacificBell is not our provider, reguardless of reverse dns, or zone files, or whatever else you want to moan about..

This is for free hosting, If you dont like it, go somewhere who will limit your bandwidth, or something cruel like that..

As we also stated our premium hosting will run on much faster lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back