• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The ACTUAL price of co.uk domains?

skylit

Hello,

I am about to buy a co.uk domain from www.123reg.co.uk, as I see the website states that registration price Total (per year) is £2.59. That's ok, but then there is an asterisk sign * and an explanation:

*renewal price £9.99 per year (must be paid for bi-annually)

So does that mean that I will have to pay additional £9.99 each year for each co.uk domain? Can someone please help me to understand what the actual cost is.

The link to this page is:
http://www.123reg.co.uk/register.shtml

Any experiences with 123reg.co.uk? How much did you have to pay?

Also, maybe there is a better co.uk registrar? I haven't heard of any better one though...

Thanks in advance!

£9.99 refers to eu.com domains at regular prices the special price is £8.99. co.uk domains are £2.59 per year paid 2years upfont because that is rule from Nominet.uk the registry. So the price is £5.18 + vat. When your renewal comes at the moment you will pay £2.89 per year which is £5.79 + vat. VAT is about 17.5% and there is no way of getting out of paying this tax if you are an international buyer.
Go Daddy is offerring .uk domains for US$9.98 (2 years)

Thanks a lot for your reply, now I can be calm when placing my order and I finally know what I pay for and what I get.

What a helpful forum. Cheers.

Back