• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

The 5 Gig Project

Hosting Posts

Well I have a free webhosting service, and I am always looking for crazy internet projects to pursue, that can possibly help provide money for more free online services. Well I have 5 gigs web space and 100 gigs bandwidth to put towards a project this month, so I'd like to ask what can I do with this space? I am open to any suggestions especially if I can draw lots of people for advertising purposes, but also to provide a free service to people.

What will "The 5 Gig Project" be?

Well I have to say it would be nice if you did something similar to www.filefactory.com with their upload service ((500mb w/ unlimited downloads or 1.5GB w/ one download or somethin like that)). That would attract people. And great for advertising...as long as ur servers are fast!

I'm a bit skeptical about these kind of things, what if someone upload illegal content, would I be held responible? As well, is there a free script to run such a service or does anyone willing to make one for me?

Me? Well, I would put it towards webhosting..... But, since you have plenty for that, I would reccommend making an upload/share site. But, I would have a script that deletes every file after being on the server for two days. I have heard of at least 100 different illegal scripts on Megaupload, and, Megupload has yet to shut down. Just best to, remove all files that look suspicious every day, this way, nobody would be able to see you have the file.

Good luck.

Awesome idea. Do you know any attractive females (18+) that may interested in "posing" for you? If you do, tell them that you two can go into business, and make a lot of money.

Come on people, let's think of something a little more creative.

dude, do you have or know anyone who has any special interests/talents/skills that could be showcased in such a project?

I like the idea of deviantart but it is time consuming, if maybe I could get some interested people and some admins, maybe I will consider it. I don't like paid hosting too much obligation. Anders your mom wouldn't be up for that she only does private showings.

your thinking 2 big. 100 GB of transfer isn't THAT much. aren't there like 3 pictures upped to deviantart.com every 4 seconds or something?

striker said:
your thinking 2 big. 100 GB of transfer isn't THAT much. aren't there like 3 pictures upped to deviantart.com every 4 seconds or something?
That's because it's deviantart. I hardly think a new site would become popular enough to eat through 100GB of transfer right off the bat, especially when people could just use deviantart.

Back