• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Template Troubles in IE

phpgamedev

I'm having an issue with this new template I got. It seems that Internet Explorer does not want to cooperate with it, and ends up breaking everything up.

Screenshot (I think the problem pinpoints itself, the table breaks up around the game guide and recruit link):

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3971/iebreakskowta9.png

[ignore the white space. i was in a rush, and missed a bit.]

I do realize this code is a bit lengthy and messy, but hopefully the screenshot helps weed out what isn't relevant to the problem.

Code: http://h1.ripway.com/KingdomOfWarlordz/source.txt

You're problem is that you are using tables. Each part of the table will only extend as far as is necessary for its own section. Using a CSS stylesheet instead usually avoids this.

You're problem is that you are using tables. Each part of the table will only extend as far as is necessary for its own section. Using a CSS stylesheet instead usually avoids this.
You should be able to fix it by setting the sizes in your tables instead of having them automatically set themselves. Or you can recode it in a style sheet.

But apparently it's not extending itself as far as it can. I'm not much of a web designer, and I don't recall there being some sort of height attribute for tables, so I'm really just looking for a quick temporary fix at this point in time, before I start worrying about what the W3C has to say.

fot the table that needs to extend, i see that you are using css in part of the file, so add this where relevant.

overflow: visible;

also may need to utilize spacers and get better with your css.

Quickest idea: reformat the way you display the content on those pages. Instead of listing everything down, break it into two columns of information for each section, that should shorten everything up enough until you find another solution.

Last resort before changing the way the template works. Try changing some images around. Fade out the detail of the swirl pattern near the bottom of each page image, then create one 1px high image that is the width of the main table. Then when things get out of wack you have something that fills the space to expand the pages and the sword.

Again, it's not really a solution, but rather a "hold over" until you can recreate it to work correctly.

Screenshot of my second suggestion: http://www.bestwebsitedevelopment.com/bsmith/forum-help/warlords-idea.gif

if you're using tables

Add a background image so the image would continu all the way to what it really needs.

Back