• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

TechCentury.com - New Free web hosting online

maxtor

TechCentury.com has made it easy to get free web space by having one of the shortest sign up processes out there. Although they provide only 10mb of web space, it is definitely adequate. They provide a good file manager and easy site builder for novices.

other features :

10 MB webspace
mysql support
php 4.0 support
and lots more...

Check it out at http://www.techcentury.com

Nah, won't be good for forums seeing as there is no FTP and web uploading a forum would be a major pain.

Originally posted by jmiller
Nah, won't be good for forums seeing as there is no FTP and web uploading a forum would be a major pain.
that would be time consuming on a board that has many templates.

Where does it say PHP and mySQL on hosted accounts? It only says that *their* site is powered by php and mysql.

Originally posted by dvondrake
Where does it say PHP and mySQL on hosted accounts? It only says that *their* site is powered by php and mysql.
hmm I just noticed it. Maybe maxtor saw it wrongly?

They have banner ads, to be shown on the top of each page. They only have some pre installed scripts, PHP or Perl, it is not allowed to run custom scripts.

They don't say nothing about bandwidth, so probably it is only 100 MB/month.

Umm why do you assume that since they make no mention of bandwidth limitations it must be 100mb?

I actually looked at this site because i was interested in the the free email.. guess what??? the "hot plugins" (most are pretty lame) work except the one I wanted, free email plug in.. anyone know where i might actually get that kind of a freebie? I'm looking for a web mail app i suppose.. something that will allow me to have more than 1 addy ... @mydomainname.com

Last edited:
Back