• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tech support employees over the net! Trusted?

DarkmoonMike said:
When hiring a tech support i would advise you to have them send in 2 papers of identity.This way just incase you have a problem you know who they are.

Thanks for the advise there actually.

And thanks to all you guys for the advices. :)

DarkmoonMike said:
I'm part of his staff and i can speak great english.

Maybe decent english, I wouldn't say great english. At least add a few capitals and comma's there, if you want to impress me.

hiring outsourced staff is no different than hiring regular staff. I have outsourced support for Avail but I take the time to review all tickets that come in and make suggestions and comments to the company I deal with based on how I would like things to be run and worded to my clients. It seems to be working out quite nicely so far.

If you just turn over your keys and dont take the time to train your team then you are in for a wild ride.

I personally wouldn't use an outsourced support company for shared customers. I just wouldn't. Server administration is different however.

utcrazy said:
Maybe decent english, I wouldn't say great english. At least add a few capitals and comma's there, if you want to impress me.

I think its quite clear you just have a problem with RTG UT. Now when we say outsource, we don't mean to another country :lol:. There are American allternatives, you know that right?

AvailNetworks said:
hiring outsourced staff is no different than hiring regular staff. I have outsourced support for Avail but I take the time to review all tickets that come in and make suggestions and comments to the company I deal with based on how I would like things to be run and worded to my clients. It seems to be working out quite nicely so far.

If you just turn over your keys and dont take the time to train your team then you are in for a wild ride.

Yeah reviewing gotta be essential. But wouldn't that only be for the first month or so until they fully understand how you want things to run?

Last edited:
I would NEVER outsource, I like to chat to our clients. Nothing better than getting to know who you host.

Craig said:
I would NEVER outsource, I like to chat to our clients. Nothing better than getting to know who you host.

That, precisely. To elaborate,

From the host's perspective, I believe in a personalized service with caring support, whether the company/business is huge, or lone self-employed. If you arn't giving support to your own clients, if you arn't looking after your hardware, if all you do is gaze at the screen, where is the merit? Counting money? Important yes, the only goal of your business? No. You are basically having other businesses run your own business, things are not totally under you control.

I have also come to learn that the host themselves know their server best, no other. A hired third party support team works on many many different servers each hour. This can cause problems. If you are not very good at technical administration, fair enough. But I don't like the thought of 50 web hosts using the same server administration company, same 24/7 support company. You know what it reminds me of? Resellerspanel. You figure out why.

Those who use these companies, don't be offended by my post. There are those who need/use it for personal and business reasons. But I'm simply expressing my concerns with this kind of support.

iipanel,

What I personally suggest in your situation is, find a web host like yourself, develop some trust, befriend him/her and exchange shifts. It's difficult days to find people suitable for this however, to entrust. But it may be worth a shot. I myself was think about this for some time with the increasing workload, who knows - a wonderful partner!

I agree you shouldn't have another company exclusively support your clients. My outsourced support staff handles the support after hours and whatever I cannot handle during the day. I prefer to know the clients but there is a point where there are too many and you simply cannot know everyone personally

Sure.

But I didn't mean personalized support in terms of getting to know each client personally. There are some huge providers I have used who were able to provide great personalized support without knowing/recognizing me personally. I don't think it's to do with numbers, but on what kind of support the individual or the huge company intends on giving..

Personalized, reliable, fast support is really something to achieve and each will have their own formula.. If one feels he has too many clients per staff, one should either find more staff or stop new signups - is my opinion.

yep, it's just like any other business "tool" if you use it properly you will get great results. I communicate all the time with the outsourced staff on whats going on with the company, anything special and if I have any updated procedures or changes they need to make. I think it is a huge mistake to just say "here you go, support my people!" but I imagine there are tons of people out there who do that.

I use them for the small things too like when I want to go out to dinner or a movie, I know I can trust the team and I can take 5 secs to unwind and me at the top of my game

Yes thanks for the advices but I actually didn't mean that I will be exclusively allowing the outsourcing company to take care of everything. Offcourse not, Craig was right and I truly enjoy supporting my own clients and interacting with them.

Outsourcing is needed for what Avail was saying for example if you are going out for a shortwhile or during your sleeping hours, outsourcing would be very helpful, making sure that you show them the exact road that you want them to go through by following your instructions and policies.

Back