• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"Teams?" And more questions.

Agum

Umm kinda confuses me. Anyone wants to give me a pointer, what was the purpose of teams? I see some people are in teams in this forum, and they're unofficial teams.

To my understanding, Peo is sorta against that, so he didn't add in teams. But a lot of people seem to like it so they made unofficial teams. But well what was the point of it?

What are the reasons people wanted teams?

What are the reasons Peo didn't want them?

BTW, am I the only person who posted since those WebBBS boards on freewebspace.net, who still posts here now? I know there's also Supermoo, and maybe WebDude (but I haven't seen him posted once even though he's the moderator of a couple of the forums now)? Anyone else?

Moreover... how about those who's been here since this site was at rit.se/~peo? :) At that time it was using a cgiforme.com message board too... How sweet :) Oh and anyone knows what happened to that site who used to sorta "compete" with FreeWebspace.net and was actually winning? FWPReview or something? Did Max Lee just give it up? (was that even his name? I don't remember)

Hi Agum!

Your memory is excellent... :) I do remember you and some of those wild discussions at the old cgiforme board. There are a couple of people still around from those days (96-98). The legendary Adam Hope also still visits from time to time I beleive since I did receive an email from him a couple of weeks ago but he's not active at the forum. Webdude visits and posts regularly.

I'm not sure what the purpose of the Teams is, but I'm not against it. Apparently you can join any team you like or create your own team. :confused:

As for the competition I beleive Max sold it or let someone else update/develop it since he didn't have time for it. Someone posted about it here recently when the current owner had copied the images and design of this forum. I don't beleive it's being updated anymore though.

BTW, am I the only person who posted since those WebBBS boards on freewebspace.net, who still posts here now?
I'm still here. After the switch from WebBBS to vB I stopped posting for a long while (I really hated linear forums. I still do, but they're so prevalent now I've learned to live with them).

Moreover... how about those who's been here since this site was at rit.se/~peo?
I'd been there one or two times, but I'd never posted anything. The first post I ever made was when I "rediscovered" this site on the wwwboard. Not many people here from back in those days, either that or they stopped posting or took on new names and make no reference to the past. Hmm.

I believe I registered right when these new forums opened, if I remember correctly. Maybe we should start a team called "Oct2000" made up of us original members. I don't really know what the point of teams are, but why not? :)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Agum

BTW, am I the only person who posted since those WebBBS boards on freewebspace.net, who still posts here now? I know there's also Supermoo, and maybe WebDude (but I haven't seen him posted once even though he's the moderator of a couple of the forums now)? Anyone else?

Moreover... how about those who's been here since this site was at rit.se/~peo? :) At that time it was using a cgiforme.com message board too... How sweet :) Oh and anyone knows what happened to that site who used to sorta "compete" with FreeWebspace.net and was actually winning? FWPReview or something? Did Max Lee just give it up? (was that even his name? I don't remember) [/B]

I've been around since the http://www.rit.se/~peo/guide/ days also. During that time I posted as 'MJK' though

I don't come every day, so I missed signing up in October when the new vb forums came out :)

-mk

Re: Re: "Teams?" And more questions.

I don't come every day, so I missed signing up in October when the new vb forums came out :)
Yeah, you're just a dirty Nover, you can't join the exclusive Oct2000 team ;)

I was an old poster who was around since 98/99, some still remember me. I left for extended periods of time though since then...

I've been around for quite a while. When the boards before WebBBS were up that didn't have a member system and you just wrote your email and name in I posted as "njr" (my initials), then I posted as Gavin on the boards that came before vB (a nickname given to me by a friend when I was telling a joke in a funny accent and he thought my voice sounded like Gavin's from the band, Bush), and now I just use my real name, Nick because it's registered in vB and I can't be confused with any other Nick's :D.

I've been lurking, at least, since it was at rit.se/~peo ;) but I posted quite a bit on the old boards... same nickname

Back