• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Take a hint from WHT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle

WOw I have a title
NLC
They started counting posts in the general forums too. Everyone's post count nearly doubled, but it's cool. Maybe we should? (WHT is god, btw)

It was only disabled a few weeks :confused2 and it nearly doubled because the advertising forums started counting again too.

What's so great about post counts? (although I admit I really want to get 5000 posts :p soon, useful posts of course)

PM Todd or Peo...maybe they'll be in a good mood and they'll give it to you ;)

But remember, custom titles are rewards...and when you post lots of constructive posts, you get rewarded. Most General posts aren't very constructive. I've seen many, many threads entitled "Useless Poll". Then there was the time when everyone made spoof "I'm leaving" threads. It's just not worth it IMO. Keep 'em disabled.

Originally posted by KBC
You could always have a custom title in your signature. :biggrin2:
Mine is too long for a title anyway so sometimes this is necessary.

I'd like to point out that this is FWS, not WHT. I feel the forums have been much better since we disabled counting posts in General Discussions, as the spammers who post purely to increase their post count have refrained from doing so. And the new members that spam to increase their post count learn in time. All in all, it's worked out very well.

Originally posted by Blank Verse
I'd like to point out that this is FWS, not WHT. I feel the forums have been much better since we disabled counting posts in General Discussions, as the spammers who post purely to increase their post count have refrained from doing so. And the new members that spam to increase their post count learn in time. All in all, it's worked out very well.
Hear, hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back