• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Tacidhost gone...Check Tacidblue

Did you not read the news posting on valvenet? They are taking advantage of shangs failure to move his domains away from FastHosts and just created a re-direct in there reseller account.

tacid blue

I'd swear when I signed up for TacidHost it was TacidBlue and used to use that url to access Tacid.--which was tacidblue...

I still can't believe the wholesale collection of $20 and even if difficulties a one page webpage can't explain them vs. disappearing? Often its the disappearing act that seperates a fraudulent outfit from a legit one. Yes..the domain steering..theres email..theres messageboards.... (I got a legit virus attachment in my response to emailing)

Not defending anyone here but, I'm not certain how easy it is to tell if those worm email viruses were sent on purpose or not. If you know what that virus does, I think you get what I mean.

Actually, I don’t think tacid meant to rip anybody off. Its failure is probably due to shang’s inexperience. If it were a scam from the start, I wouldn’t have got a refund.

--come on....

Why for 3 months its 95% downtime? The only uptime was collecting more $20's. Wheres my money back? I paid for a year and what did I get? Can I get my money back? Where do I email for a refund? Where is tacidhost? How many got a refund? How much has been 'taken to the bank'?

I e-mailed support twice after the "we can't offer unix anymore" crap and got the refund after the second time. Since there isn't a support anymore, you can try e-mailing the address listed under his domain (shang2k@email.msn.com) or go to his house if you live near him.

BTW, I wouldn't trust Valve Network. They have 3 plans that are exactly the same except for the price and all of them have the word "unlimited" in them.

I did email support---

All I ever saw was a person had 24 hours to get a refund posted on web page.During that 24 hours I asked about refunds to those that signed up earlier than that month deadline.

hey..the place was down most all the time since I signed up except uptime was opening more $20 accounts.

yes..I emailed and the only thing I got back was a c/c/p of my email and asking me to open the attachment.At least at Yahoo email the attachment tests a definite positive for a virus. I also emailed from another email address and the reply to that was the same..a c/c/p and a prompt to open the attachment.This other one is the free email service at justice.com I notice the attachment is named different at this address. Unlike Yahoo -justice.com- does not have a virus screening system SO I don't know if its a virus. I'm not a virus expert and have not opened the attachments.I did a forward from justice.com to elsewhere but the attachment does not go with the email. In my in-experience I'm not going to play with it furthur but as said the one at my yahoo mailbox id's as a real virus.

As in an above post the nature of these viruses I don't know if its ever possible to blame the real source but all I know it came as a reply to shanes email address at msn.

I see I got billed for tacid from a place called ZSTARNETWORK 1-800-210-0233 I just called them and only met answering machines so don't have the patience today.(Saturday) I also called my bank and have to re-call Monday when their atm-visa department open.

With all the negative stuff going around I presume there is no shang anymore or guadaloupe milk. As the internet goes anybody can take on a new identity any time they want.

If this is just in-experience I would have more sympathy with someone that hung around complaining about problems vs. just disappearing. If he owns the domain in a matter of days he can have it steered elsewhere.Even some free webhosting places allow you to steer your domain to them. Why not just steer tacid-host to http://www.freeservers.com/ or http://www.freeyellow.com/ (hypermart,virtualave) and put up one web page with a short story on tacidhost?

I think his reputation is ruined as to tacidhost showing up elsewhere offering $20 unlimited webspace.

I've even thought about all you webhosting people ganging up on shane and putting him out of business due to that $20 deal.

This subject has gotten old and boring I realize.

Originally posted by DuckAx
Actually, I don’t think tacid meant to rip anybody off. Its failure is probably due to shang’s inexperience. If it were a scam from the start, I wouldn’t have got a refund.

Please read this thread at webhostintalk.com. Read in full
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=10134

I believe Chicken can explain what happened there?

Edit: what was the result of all that Chicken? Did Shang go to jail?

23 pages?!

Guess I should have done some research before speaking up for him. So, is anybody going to register tacidsucks.com? Is Shang still alive?

zz4: you should read that thread too. Many got their money back by doing a charge back or by writing to instabill.

Back