• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

T35 - New Info

Originally posted by Mika
Sorry, amelen, but I think that you're planning to offer too much for free, without having a solid base. Why don't you offer a really good extremely cheap paid hosting. For many people will be the same as free. Let's say 10$/year, like discount-hosting. And if you wish offer a number of free accounts too. Always having respect for your server.

if you offer alternative payment methods many people will buy your service. As you know one of the basic reasons that people search for a free host is that they don't own a credit card or they don't want to use one on the net.

I disagree. You either offer regular paid hosting (generally $30 or above) or you offer free hosting. As you pointed out, people use free hosts because they don't have or don't want to use a credit card on the net. You could offer as cheap hosting as possible (even $0.01 hosting per year) and they still would not buy your service. It's either free or nothing for many people, and many of the more experienced webmasters know more than to use a cheap host (many consider $60 per year extremely cheap).

Originally posted by conkermaniac

I disagree. You either offer regular paid hosting (generally $30 or above) or you offer free hosting. As you pointed out, people use free hosts because they don't have or don't want to use a credit card on the net. You could offer as cheap hosting as possible (even $0.01 hosting per year) and they still would not buy your service. It's either free or nothing for many people, and many of the more experienced webmasters know more than to use a cheap host (many consider $60 per year extremely cheap).

Yes i agree with you conkermaniac, when you are searching for a host, paid or free, you think it's good when they offer much things and FREE and they are reliable too, but you think it's crap or a scam or a host that isn't that good that will die soon, because you have paid hosting for around 10$ a year.

So true : FREE or PAID, not between it ...

Have you ever both (conkermaniac & The_ReVenger) tried the discount-hosting service. If not then you can't even know that there is a host that offers 10$/year (which means free) and that the offering service is really good. So I disagree with you because YES there is a between FREE & PAID, hosting service. Although I call it paid, but extremely cheap = totally free. And I think that this is going to be the concept of free the next years. Otherwise all companies will die. Also Myacen that so many good words about them I hear in this board, offers a 24$/year hosting. For me that is free too. Have you ever thought how much you pay per day. Almost nothing.

We are sticking to free hosting because the market for free hosting is much less competitive than that for paid hosting. For paid hosting, it will be hard to compete with hosts who are already well astablished, and buy bandwith much cheaper because of bulk purchases. In free hosting we have been very sucesfull in the past 2 years, and believe we can profitably offer the features needed to compete in today's free hosting market. We also have one of the most important aspects of free hosting that many hosts don't.. a great tech support team.. We have at some times up to 9 people working on tech support, answering questions in the forum, aim, icq, phone, help desk trouble ticket system, etc..

The problems we had last week were nothing we could control, and i think was just a bad decision on my part (trying to go with the cheapest hosting solutuion). That has now been corrected, and just in case it was my script that did it, we are getting a new script developed by another company...

I would also like to thank all the loyal members without who our sucess over the past several years would not have been possible. Even 2 weeks ago, during our problems, when we had to restart the service several times within several days, we were still getting over 1000 members confirming their account in the first 12 hours. I think thats amazing.. and to thank all of you, once we re-open we will have unlimited space for all accounts created in the next several months, as well as less ads.. (1 pop-up under per site per 48 hours.. after ur visitors sees 1 pop-up under, they will see no ads for 2 days).. Thanks guys.. we hope to re-open permanantly before Feb. 15th..

Our forum should be up in 2-3 days once we move over some things to the new datacenter, and if anyone has anyquestions, my staff and myself will be answering them on a regular basis.

Suggestion

First of A. Melen I would like to say that I belive in your free hosting, and I believe your doing your best to give us the best free hosting ever (although some may not appreciate it). But I have a few suggestion and questions.

First off I know i asked this before, but what features will you be offering?

Second, I think you should start out small first, say only accept about 500 signups every week, so you can at least monitor them closer and not need to be monitoring 24/7.

Second I think, you should put a reasonable limit on space and upgrade when people ask for it. Say start out accounts at 500MB to 1GB of space then when members request, review thier accounts and approve them accordingly say in 500mb to 1gb increments.same thing about banwidth start out at about 5-10gb and increase on demand and approval. you could run it more efficient that way.

Good luck, and when you reopen I will be one of the first ones to signup and i will have already refered you to a friend, i hope she signs up too.

T35 Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Pinging 63.217.26.141 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 63.217.26.141:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Back