• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

T35 is Moving on Up

Cracker

-
NLC
Well, it's about time. After two months of promising, http://www.t35.com/ is finally moving free hosted sites to the premium tier 1 data center, which will solve all of their past reliability and speed problems. They will continue to offer unmetered webspace and data transfer too (no 0catch sellout here). Yes, I'd say T35 is going to be all right, and if that happens, no longer will I have to worry about changing free hosts every month, because I know they're going to last (I've had a copy of my site on T35 ever since they re-opened in February and also during November and December 2001)!

Last edited:
Nice, hope they will be faster and better then beofre, maybe I will use them if they are good.:)

It's about time. In the past, I was hosted there as well. There would be days where ftp was fast and pages loaded just fine. Even with pop-under ads. And some php scripts worked there too. [non sql].

I look forward to this.

:)

Its taking a while to set up because traffic will now be routed through "Two separate, physically redundant, full-duplex 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet segments connected to diverse routers via Category 5 cable. " And "Full transit, route-optimized TCP/IP connectivity through Internap’s P-NAPSM directly to the major Internet backbones "

And I am trying to work out a deal with the company so that t35.com is hooked up to 4 redundent backbone connections (no down time ever). And since member sites constituted over 1000gigs of data (and since the network is still being worked on in the new office anyway), the hard drives and servers are being shipped over (instead of transfered to prevent down time)... So as soon as USPS can get all of the stuff from Chicago to NYC, and a back up office in Verginia, we should be good to go.

I am shipping everything out later tonight.. so it should take 3 business days or so.

Sorry for the downtime..

Sweet!

1 terabyte of data!? Ouch!

Anyway, all I know is I may not have to keep mirror sites up anymore if T35 actually pulls this redundancy thing off. Hell, I might even be able to promote my site at my T35 URL (if Ipfox.com goes under, as long as Ipfox is alive, I'll continue to promote it at that URL).

Last edited:
Not sure... 3 business days would mean untill wed... Hopefully it will be less, maybe more, not really sure... working as fast as i can.

Originally posted by amelen
Not sure... 3 business days would mean untill wed... Hopefully it will be less, maybe more, not really sure... working as fast as i can.

Mr amelen, t35 is down of too many business days!!

When you will be finish the moving sites to new servers ?!

Today is October 31 !

Thanks

Yeah, they've been down a week longer than they anticipated so far. Is UPS really that bad?

Thank goodness I didn't use them for my main host (but I will as soon as they come back up), but I hope they hurry, because Gizba also places banners on our pages at the bottom, and they also spawn a new popup window for every page viewed if the user doesn't have cookies configured the right way (even if the original was left open).

Okay, this is the latest info... UPS lost the servers.. but they are refunding me the insurance value, so I am getting new servers, they will be ready to go in 3-4 business days. I am doing everything i can to get it up asap.

Oh, darn, not again! Something this bad happened December 2001 and T35 had to shut down for 2 months!

I suppose we'll have to sign up for new accounts and re-upload our files (and it will take hella long with a 44 mb site and T35's capped FTP upload speed).

Umm...That sign has been up a week already...Probably be closer to 2 weeks before anyone can signup. I'm now considering paid hosting...:rolleyes:

Accounts will be preserved (backs ups), and most files will be taken from back ups aswell.

I can remove cap for first month... new servers have much more capacity and we won't feel the Warez abuse for a while (before i have to do anything).

" T35.com is Movin' on up...

...to the sky..

..to a deluxe data center in the sky...

...oh they're movin on up...

Remember the Jeffersons? lol I just re-worded that theme song. :D

Congratulations T35.com and its users! :)

Back