• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

T3 Line

Well an 0C-255 is basically just a couple of fiber-optic strands with a protective cover on it.

LOL...I'd like to see an OC-12 server also.

As far as lines, most arent any bigger than a regular cable. It is the switches they are connected to that allows higher speeds. I remember a few years ago when a local T-1 was bumped up to a T-3....yet I never saw anyone digging it up to replce the line. Come to find out it doesnt really have to do with the line, but the switches. Kinda like they once said you couldnt do over 54K with a phone line, but because of different switches, look at DSL that uses that same little phone line. Of course, I dont know if all this remains true once you get up to OC-3's or above....

By the way, anyone who thinks they can simply buy an OC-3 to OC-96 switch box might want to check out the prices. It would be a better value to simply buy out Microsoft instead.

Back