• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

switching hosts

jason

i want to switch hosts, i think i've found the host i want to go with but i wonder if im missing something that i should be asking. i haven't had to do this since 1999, so things have probably changed but i've found i can save about 400/month and according to someone i know who is with the company i am thinking of moving to, choopa.com says they have better prices and uptime than the host im at currently, he himself moved from the host im at now to this host. so what im wondering is some thing i should be asking. im looking for a dedicated server and this is what they offer for the package im considering
Monthly $346.00
Setup $0.00
Processor Intel Pentium 4 2.00Ghz
HD1 80GB IDE 8MB Cache
RAM 1GB RAM
Raid (not selected)
Backup (not selected)
Traffic 300GB Monthly

should i worry about having raid or backup?
how can i found out what kind of uptime and speed these guys really have?
any other questions i should be asking?
thanks for your help
:D

Last edited:
whoa, i didn't realize that, you'll have to excuse my ignorance. i haven't posted in this section of the forum since before you had to register.

Rackshack is having a sweet deal on dual Xeons 2.0ghz with 73gb 10k RPM Ultra320 harddrives.

Rackshack's network is pretty good, and the dual Xeon's are Dell so I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Back