• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Suggestions..

Originally posted by Fox
Yes I Plan To Offer Good Support Via:
AIM
Msn Messenger
IRC Support
HumanClick

Also: I am in a search for good staff.. I really need staff.. That would work for free.. If they need it they can get a package.. any.. number 1 or 2.. for free.. as long as they work..

Goodness, should be interesting trying to keep up with all those live chat programs, heh. I'd like to see your face when you hear 'uh-oh ding ding ding uh-oh uh-oh ding' (and that's just ICQ and HumanClick...)

Anywhoooo... I wish you well in finding people who'll work for $10 or $20 a *month*... gooooodness.

I think I've seen this host before... get the cheapest server available with the only money you have, at Rackshack even, guessing you haven't run a RaQ server before, maybe not any server, offer all kinds of live chat help, have no business plan really whatsoever, no staff... and call it TitanicHosting.com ?

Sorry... wish you the best of luck but.... *scatches head*

Now, I've made some assumptions and I may not be right on all of the points, but judging by you not actually offering to pay for staff (call it the norm, if you will), and the server you are getting, I don't think I'm far off...

i am ready..

i have $800 to invest..

i'd get a more expensive one I just want the small one first.. keep it down to a 30 people per server then i'll buy another server..

I have lots of computers.. I planned to run a chat thing on each... and the IRC server on the main Cobalt Raq 4i

yes I've managed a server.. tacidhosts' old unix server they got from kikkonetworks.com for $800 a month... it was a Colbalt 4i

I figure i'll have 2 servers.. Start off with one if i get alot of customers then i'll simply use 2 servers.. = total of 60 people..

60 x 20 1120 a month
that is if majoirty of people order the $20 package..

If I do end up getting alot of buiness.. I'll purchase 4 servers from Tera-Byte. Also I don't wish to pay staff.. I am looking for volunterrs.. People help out at the forum i will have..

I so far have:
FoxDesign
FoxHosting
FoxShells
FoxIRC
FoxNap

Originally posted by Donovan
Hehe... I am looking for volunteers for my forum as well. :p

Wish you luck.

I never knew you had forums on your site ?? I would vist them if I knew! LOL

If theres free webspace on offer count me in ;)

Seriously though, im interested in being a tech support person, i can also set up the tech support section for you, with better software than humanclick - all of the features of the humanclick pro for free with no ads and i can also fully customise the chat area for your sites colour scheme.

I could also take a look at designing the site, if you like the kind of sites in these examples:

http://www.clemorton.com
http://www.tssdirect.co.uk
http://liquid2k.com/jtemedia
http://www.sbdesign.f2s.com/newtrials/v2
http://www.quicklink2.f2s.com <-- dont sign up, now defunct ;)

Anyway, get back to me either on the forum or via email,

-Jerome Everall
jes.everall@virgin.net

Why exactly are you getting into the Webhosting Market? Because you think you will make a quick buck from doing it?

If you don't know what plans are going to make you money you haven't done much research have you? I suggest you go away and research this more. Check out host directories see what other webhosts are charging.

See what there customer service is like. Try find a reseller / cheap dedicated server that you'll be able to cover the costs of until you start making money. Learn the operating system your going to be selling space on, so if there is a problem you can resolve it quickly and give intelligent responses rather than ingoring the email or saying it's sorted.

Do a business plan, How long do you expect it to be before you make a profit?

Throwing up a website saying i'll give you 500mb diskspace and 10gb bandwidth isnt going to keep a steady income going. You have to provide a relaible service to match. Or your outta business.

I have lots of free time.. I dont want barely any of the profit.. one will be to pay back the rackshack.net setup fee then the rest goes toward server upgrades or more servers..

Originally posted by robert

I never knew you had forums on your site ?? I would vist them if I knew! LOL

Did I say I had forums? And did I say I am having a forum? I am just planning to get one when I have the new design finished.

Did I say I had forums? And did I say I am having a forum? I am just planning to get one when I have the new design finished.

[1] You don't have to be rude about it and [2] you said "i'm looking for volunteers for my forum" which made me believe you HAD a forum and was still looking for volunteers. Unless I was the only one who understood it that way?

That's a pretty rude response donovan, Do you respond to your support emails in the same way? If someone asks you a question on a public forum and you reply with smartass replys it's not going to make your business look good is it?

Originally posted by Fox
yes I've managed a server.. tacidhosts' old unix server they got from kikkonetworks.com for $800 a month... it was a Colbalt 4i

I see Fox, more of a limited small community server, if you will (so to speak). Maybe its just me but I can't stand all those chat things at once, but if you can multitask, all the power to ya' :D

I lease a 4r, and Robert of dim8 and Eddie (technics) run either 3's or 4's (plus many more people here I'm sure), so if you have a question, feel free to ask, and if you've picked up some tips/tricks, do share. If you've used one then you know they can be quirky, blue pizza boxes.

I'm sorry if you think that it's that rude. What I said is just " I am looking for volunteers ". You don't have to have or had a forum before you can look for volunteers don't you?

Donovan,

Until your forums start to pick up a large amount of traffic and you have over 20 topics posted a day you shouldnt really need any volunteers to help with support. An incentive to get volunteers is give them free hosting but make sure they link back to you :D

Technics, actually I wasn't really serious about that one. I am hosting a few sites for free right now. And the webmasters are willing to help me out if I need any. Maybe you think that I am mad for providing the $3 stuff and this one, but I don't do everything based on money.

Who said your doing it based on money? I'm not and you can ask a lot of clients, "more for less" is what I believe. But that post was very rude and you represent your company and basically my opinion of your company has changed. In the past few days I've seen you spam these forums, have rude remarks and question peoples decisions to select a webhosting company other than yours. I'm not trying to compete, and you can tell because I haven't responded to any posts regarding Dimension 8. I suggest you become a little more professional. Remember, every person you meet is a potential client. I have nothing against Servus.ws, I assume servus.ws and Dim8.net have the same goals, to provide the best webhosting possible on the Internet.

Robert:
I didn't say anyone said that I am doing things based on money. I said that isn't for replying anyone. I do admit I broke the rules, and I am really sorry for that. As well as my rude manners for the reply of your post. I am really sorry for that. I hope that you won't take that too serious.

I am having some problems with my personal life lately and have affectted my mood deeply. I am really sorry for my bad manners and I don't really mean it.

Donovan, Apology accepted.. but in future try not to mix your personal life with your professional life. I know it's hard but do try :).

Back