• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Student Hosting

NuoKa

Hey guys,

I tried my luck on a few hosts and was either denied or deleted or the host disappeared from existence...

All I need is about:
* 200mb of space
* with maybe 1 gb of bandwidth
* and also 2 MySQL databases.
It'd be awesome if you guys have oracle support but if not then that's ok. I think Oracle is actually to be on the server side only anyway...

I plan on using this space to experiment with php code and try to learn how to connect to databases. It would be nice and much appreciated if the code I am working on exists for more than a month on your server.

In terms of control panels for the actual web space, I have no preference... I do have a top-level domain that I'd like to use if possible. Not necessary (just the fact that I paid for it...)

All responses are much appreciated and I wish to thank all those who reply in advance. I am a student at the University of Missouri, Columbia for those who care and am majoring in Computer Science.

Thanks again,
Derek

Seraphimlabs can do it. Good to see another student in the computer field, I was (and still am, at least for a semester or two more) in a Network Technology degree program at a local college.

DoubleFree Plan
2 Domain or Subdomain services
2 MySQL Databases
10GB/month bandwidth
1000MB storage
Virtualmin control panel
PHP, CGI, Perl
Two Banner Ads
Starting at: $0/month (Two Banner Ads)

I do have an unused Postgresql server that can be enabled if you would like to attempt using it, and if I knew which oracle database type (They own several different ones now) you were referring to could probably set one up. There is a working berkeley database handler on my shared hosting server, bdb is one of the database types now owned by Oracle.

If you are going to test, PerfectZ.iNfo is the best place for you. And we do like hosting students and newbies because we know how hard to get a good free webhosting these days.

Our servers are hosted on 100Mbps uplink connection. You won't find a difference speeds between your localhost and us ;)

Link is on my signature. Try it if you want a premium free webhosting service.

@ David Gonzales
Thanks for the welcome David, it seems like a great forum (Might check out the programming thread a few times lol)

Thanks guys for the speedy responses, you've been a big help. I owe you one in the future.

now you can start your hosting company free without and mony
we produce reseller accounts with cpanel/Whm control panel 100/100free without ads or banner .............
fetures
Cpanel accounts : (unlimited)
Quota : 5000 MB
Bandwidth : 25000 MB
FTP Accounts :(unlimited)
Email Accounts : (unlimited)
Email Lists : (unlimited)
Databases : (unlimited)
Sub Domains : (unlimited)
Parked Domains : (unlimited)
Addon Domains : (unlimited)
www.free-whm.com/ipanel/order

index.php

http://gothosted.info/features.html

Personal Package:
Fully Managed Support- For free. :wink2:
Price: $1.95/month
Disk Space: 300 MB
Monthly Bandwidth: 5,000 MB
Email Accounts: 50 total
Email Forwarders: Unlimited
Email Autoresponder: Unlimited
Max Domains-
inc. Parked & Addon:
40 Domains
Subdomains: 20 Subs
MySQL Databases: 40 DB

Looks like you are in need of spectacles. :p

Can't you see this thread is on "free hosting" section?
So you can't advertise paid hosting packages here. Read the TOS of the forums before posting.

Hello

Looks like you are in need of spectacles. :p

Can't you see this thread is on "free hosting" section?
So you can't advertise paid hosting packages here. Read the TOS of the forums before posting.

Sorry, i had multiple threads open. Posted in the wrong one.

Thanks for noticing. :p

Hi,

Nice to see another computer science student.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I think what you definitely need is a more long-term host. This is our specialty. If you'll consider hosting the final project here I can give you an invite to our community.

At the moment it's MySQL but might be worth the switch as Oracle is tough to find. If you try out MySQL and really don't like it then I'll see if we can't get Oracle on one server or another.

Back