• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Still Looking! Need Good Site For Small Blog

Bongolation

I've tried several of the offers here -- they were either still too new and buggy or had other fatal problems.

One more time, here's what I need:

Host for small WordPress blog -- 99.999% text, no games, graphix, downloads, etc.

I'm more interested in bandwidth than space as I may have some entries wind up on Digg.

I need PHP, Sql & a decent admin interface w/HTML upload of my basic files and the ability to externally hotlink to individual articles. No ads, neither mine or yours.

Anything else is negotiable.

Thanks!

Are you willing to pay something. I can get you a custom plan with your choice? Give me a price if your willing?

you have your own domain? we have almost no down time till date... how much space/bandwidth you current have with your host?

Hello,

iiFree.NET would like to offer you the following:

Diskspace: Ultimate 500MB
Bandwidth: Ultimate 15,000MB
FREE Subdomain (yourname.iifree.net)
You can use your own domain name
Scripts installer HOT!
FTP Access
5 MySQL Databases
PHP Support | Zend & Curl enabled
Detailed AwStats HOT!
No-Ads - No Spam - No Posting required

INSTANT Activation!

I like your offer, I would like to Join Now!

Thankyou,
iiFree.NET

Hello,

iiFree.NET would like to offer you the following...

I've tried it and like it very much except:

1: The file manager doesn't work, and

2: There's no admin logout function.

I check back every few days to see if these things have been fixed, but so far no luck.

I've tried it and like it very much except:

1: The file manager doesn't work, and

2: There's no admin logout function.

I check back every few days to see if these things have been fixed, but so far no luck.

Hello,

The file manager is working fine, can you please PM me your username and password so I can take a look for you.

So to summarise, you want free hosting of 500M/15G with 99.999% uptime and don't want ads of any kind for your prospective host, a subdomain as you won't even think of buying a domain name, and you will no way pay for hosting as that's what FWS is there for in your mind - to supply you, external hotlinking, even after being very critical of a previous host (only one you indicated) for very minor issues which can be circumvented easily by you taking other actions.

With all this in mind why should we host you?

You've made your demands now what are you actually ransoming?

Decker, with all due respect, my blog service would be able to support him.
I do not have a set limit on space/bandwidth usage for those who use my blog service. But, I do restrict the content; no warez, adult content, or mp3s. No proxies either.

If your still looking for a host, you can check with me.

I did not say you wouldn't be able to Schmarvin - I addressed the OP not you, with a prospect to possibly making an offer, but requiring clarification as to why a host should in their opinion as the request and follow up seems a little harsh without taking into account the fact someone else will have to pay for them, so why!

The file manager is working fine.

It's certainly conceivable that I'm doing something wrong or caught it during a maintenance cycle or something, so I'll give it another try tonight. It seems like a simple HTTP GUI uploader, which is exactly what I want for these small files, but it was rejecting filetypes (the files were .PHP) and wouldn't make new folders. I spent about an hour with it.

As far as closing the browser to log out, people who know a lot more about this than I do say that this is a substantial security risk. Whether or not it is in this case, I don't know, but that's why I was concerned.

Other than these two issues, I like the site very much so far and it seems perfect for my needs.

It's certainly conceivable that I'm doing something wrong or caught it during a maintenance cycle or something, so I'll give it another try tonight. It seems like a simple HTTP GUI uploader, which is exactly what I want for these small files, but it was rejecting filetypes (the files were .PHP) and wouldn't make new folders. I spent about an hour with it.

As far as closing the browser to log out, people who know a lot more about this than I do say that this is a substantial security risk. Whether or not it is in this case, I don't know, but that's why I was concerned.

Other than these two issues, I like the site very much so far and it seems perfect for my needs.

So your existing host is fine? Just your mistake?

Back