• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Still looking for a Dedicated Server.

lowe1

This might not be possible, but meh I'll give it a go. I still haven't found a dedicated server, that really suits me price wise. Due to certain problems, ok I'll just tell you, I got fired from my job. I need a really budget server, that I know I can afford.
  1. 1GB ram
  2. Any processor is fine. Athlon 2200+ something like that would be great.
    [*]$50-70 (Ouch I know =/ )
    [*]Debian (or any other Linux distro with good package manager)
    [*] 10mb connection with 1TB bandwidth or more.

Items in bold are mandatory. Everything else is up for negotiation. So really, the cheaper the server the better for me in the long run, if you never seen my post a couple of weeks back. This will be used for a Ragnarok Server.

EDIT: Also currently the cheapest i've found is from L2. You can beat this if you offer me more ram. :)

Base System Configuration:

* AMD Sempron 2600
* 80GB IDE Hard Drive
* 512MB DDR RAM
* Bandwidth: 1000GB
* IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
* Private VLAN
* Basic Resource Monitoring
* FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows*
* 100% Self Managed and Dedicated

Monthly Fee Options:
$65 | $19 Setup

Last edited:
lowe1 said:
d.clint: That server wouldn't happen to be located in europe would it? My targeted gamers will most likely be from europe, would be a huge plus if I could get one in europe.

In the last post you asked for Europe or USA servers then you stick to Europe based and this time you didn't mention the location. If the location is must then please mention it because if you like any server and the host is offering that server in USA then you demand for europe based.

Last edited:
James said:
Be realistic.

Think about VPS.

Don't be so negative and no if I can't find an offer here i'll just buy that server from LT. VPS is not what I want.

d.clint: I've been reading up a lot since then and planning it a bit more. The location does not matter, what's listed in bold above is all that is mandatory.

hottweelz said:
LT. go for LT, but remember, you get what you pay for.

I would search "Layered Tech" here at FWS and well as WHT

I had a search around, seems a mixture of opinions doesn't really tell me much. It just tells me that some people have problems and others don't, it's like that with almost every host. They seem to fix their problems rather quickly, from what I've been reading. Oh and hottweelz, I know you get what you pay for, but not all of us can afford to pay out $150 a month, well I know I can't. Oh and when I'm set on doing something, It's very hard to get me away from it.

hey buddy no need for that, hottweelz was stating a valid point, with prices that low you'd be right to be suspicious, im not making assumptions. 150$ isnt bad actually for what you wanted, after shopping about the lowest I saw was about $110

Last edited:
nex-gen host said:
hey buddy no need for that, hottweelz was stating a valid point, with prices that low you'd be right to be suspicious, im not making assumptions. 150$ isnt bad actually for what you wanted, after shopping about the lowest I saw was about $110

No need for what? From looking at my post it doesn't seem to come across rude. I take all your posts into consideration, really I do. I searched around the forums for LT and never found anything that would put me off them. I just cannot pay something like $140 a month, I have no idea how you people can do it either, you must have great jobs. I was making £400 a month, let's say a decent Dedicated Server costs £80 a month, then if I count my bills and what not I'm not left with much.

LT is fine, but you must be an admin or employ an admin as they just rent you the box with no management.

I've had a box there for just over a year now with no issue.

Most issues tend to be from newbies who expect to pay for just the server, but have the management thrown in as well.

Hey Lowe1,

I can get you a
100% true dedicated
3.0GHz CeleronD 64Bit
1GB RAM
160GB SATA II HDD
4MBps of multihomed bandwidth on an 10MBps burstable port
$59/mo $99setup
no contracts
free 24X7X365 tech support, phone e-mail and ticket system
10 years in business
100% uptime
Don't believe me? check it out yourself 100% since we got listed with them http://www.webhostingstuff.com/uptime/CariNet.html
sbennett@cari.net shoot me an e-mail

Last edited:
4mb connection eh? I had a look at your site, it seems all your servers a 4mb connection. Sounds a bit fishy to me. It does look like a great offer and probably the best I've had yet, but I have no idea how reliable you are. I can't even find any solid reviews, so I think I'll pass.

For $50-70 I don't think you are in a position to pass up any offer that comes your way just because you can't find reviews. At the end of the day you are going to get what you pay for!

Cari.net have phone support and are a very reputable host!

4MBit/s burstable to 10MBit/s. That is one way we market our servers, because 4MBps is a lot for anyone 1200GB/mo. Most people are choosing the server for the hardware.(All name brand)
Check our D&B (Dun and Bradstreet) reports, 10 years in business, no corporate name changes, no bankruptcies, or unpaid creditors.
Do a Google search for "Linux dedicated servers" 1st page "windows dedicated servers"1st page "custom dedicated servers"2nd on the list down on the first page.
Check out our colocation/business internet datacenter www.complexdrive.com
So I believe if you do the research you will find us highly reputable.
We are a worldwide company 10 in house Tier 1 providers.

Helpful links.

3rd party that reviews hundreds of hosts
http://www.webhostingstuff.com/company/CariNet.html

Yahoo Biz review
http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/122/122497.html

Kurant's site
http://www.kurant.com/partner/channel-master.shtml

Back