• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stay away from Dynastyhost!!!

Cael

Here's my story.

Last year, november, I decided to close my reselling courier with Linuxwebhost as they are having big problems with their billing system and their support are lacking.

So I got fed up with them, and decided not to continue my web hosting business anymore. I looked around and contacted DynastyHost as they are on my contact list of ICQ and they are also Alabanza-based which I think will be the best choice for replacing Linuxwebhost for my clients.

We had settled everything, and I sold around 10 clients to DynastyHost for around $100. They said they will mail me the check once I have all the clients transfer to their server. And as I did, they said they had mailed the check. I was very happy, and waited for the check.

It was about a month later, and I was impatient and contacted them again. They apologized, asked for the address for confirmation, and claimed that they had mail it.

One month later, I still haven't got my bloody check! I was very angry and contacted them again, and they asked for my address for confirmation *again*, and asked for an alternative address, and said that they've mailed it.

Ok, now it is April, 5 months had passed since November. And I haven't got my check! I contacted them lately, by e-mail and ICQ, they ignored my mail, message and never reply to me .

Now I was very very angry about this matter, I gave my trust on a reputable host, and they cheated me. And I hope to warn you guys from this cheater, lamer, and f*cker.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM UNLESS YOU WANT ANOTHER CASE LIKE MINE.

Hi Donovan,

I had to wait 5 Months for my cheque to come from (Firstname.com) but it came. If you are unsatisfied contact these people, someone mentioned them too me in another post:

http://www.bbb.org

Lynks

What can BBB do in this matter?

And how can I make them believe?

Well, at least they didn't ignore your e-mails. They are ignoring mine and make me very angry for them. I sent about 3 mails withink two weeks. Don't tell me that this host didn't check their mailbox for two whole week. That's non-sense. Especially when I am sending to their support e-mail address, which the owner mailed me using this address.

[Edited by Donovan on 04-06-2001 at 11:33 AM]

I actually really like them so far...But we just have them as a hosting service.

The BBB technically can't do anything to the business. However, it will leave a tarnish on their record if they fail to respond to the BBB request.

The BBB will simply contact them, explain the complaint filed, and ask them what they will do to rectify the situation. They then follow up by contacting both parties and seeing if they reached a resolution and this all is tracked and stored; which is the main benefit.

If they don't respond to the BBB you have a record that you tried to get them to respond. Then if you ever had to go to court you would be able to use this as evidence.

The bottom line is that if you can prove it you will get the money. The only way they could avoid paying the money after a court issues a verdict is by filing bankruptcy and no respectable company would do that for such a small amount.

Also, you may want to send your emails via registered letter to them to have another document to prove that you have been contacting them. In court they would just say they didn't receive the email and trying to convince the court otherwise wouldn't be worth the time but sending it via registered letter will give you more evidence.

Good luck, and let us know if this is ever resolved.

Todd, our deal is made on ICQ. I have the histories stored. I wonder it this could help?

The mails are mostly talking about checks. Not really about the deal we made.

An ICQ message is even less reliable then an email because I don't believe it saves the IP address of the sender. Emails can at least be traced back to the destination of origin and typically then you can trace it from the ISP to their front door step.

Type of an official letter regarding it, quote what they said in ICQ, address all points you need to make, and send it via registered letter.

Make sure in your letter you state you have X amount of days to pay the outstanding balance and if at that point you don't pay I will have my legal counsel contact you to resolve it.

Don't just threaten it though, actually have a lawyer that will back you up. It's much more intimidating to receive a letter on a lawyers letterhead then just a blank sheet of paper. :)

If they don't respond to the letter you should go to a lawyer. If you can't afford one perhaps you can't complain to the BBB and their states Attorney General. If they don't respond to their messages there is no way they would have responded to you and you either have to take them to civil court or give up.

Also, if you're on good terms with your clients why not explain what happened and get them to move elsewhere for the payment? I'm sure most hosts would pay over $10 per referral.

I told them what happened, and as I hope to find a host with same control panel, price, and features that I offer. And the only host I can found, that time, is just Dynastyhost.com.

Back