• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Stay away from Dotster

ckevin

I have registered a Chinese Big-5 domain from Doster last year (13-NOV-00) using their multilingual domain registration interface.

My Domain: BQ--3BW7CYI3.COM

However, these days, I discover that I can't reach my domain while I can reach another Chinese domain registered thru Registrars.com. Then I email to their support and got a reply:

Kevin,
Your domain was registered in English. It was never properly
registered with the Chinese dialect selected.

Thank you,

Customer Support

My reply:

Hello,

Can you please switch that domain to Chinese Big5 domains? I definately registered it thru your registration system (Chinese - Big5) last year.

You can imagine it's non-sense to register such an english domain! Besides, it comes with "BQ--XXXXX.com" so it sounds to be a Big5 domains.

Please reply me soon.

Kevin

Their another reply:

Kevin

To change a domain from English to multilingual, you will need to wire the full amount of the purchase in addition a $50.00 processing fee is added to the total. This fee is due to administrative services, since we will have to delete, then renew the domain into the multilingual string.

I will include the wiring instructions and your domain will be activated when the funds arrive.

Account Name: Dotster, Inc.
Account Number: 7000031059
Beneficiary Bank Name: Columbia Bank
Beneficiary Bank Address: 1338 Commerce Ave.
Longview, WA 98632
Beneficiary Bank ID: 125108272

The total is: $

NOTE: if your bank charges any fees to this process you MUST pay for the fees as well, Dotster, Inc. will not incur the transfer fees, nor return service until this amount is paid in full.

-Jessica

Customer Support

What should I do rather than given them a $50 bucks? I really register the domain thru their multilingual tools... Really a bad experience from Dotster.

Kevin

Back