• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Starting my own hosting... price-quality... need you opinion

SuperPlayer

That a sin to conceal, here I plan to get a server and to start to propose services of a hosting.

At you wanted to know, you would be ready to give what sum for what tariff plan?
Within the framework of reasonable certainly.
I bring AS the EXAMPLE:

Disk Space: 2 GB
Bandwidth: 100 GB
Domains: 5
Aliases: Unlimited
MySQL Databases: Unlimited
PostgreSQL Databases: Unlimited
FTP Accounts: Unlimited
Subdomains: Unlimited
E-mails: Unlimited
Price: 50$

(presence of all other languages and technologies characteric for service of a hosting is supposed)

I wait for your opinions and variants

(sorry for bad english)

50 cents per gig of bandwidth is not a bad rate, its respectable, these prices are generally around the ones I look for in a host. One more thing though, you might want to give server specs. People like to know what they are hosted on.

No problem... Here are basic server specs:

Processors: (2) Intel Xeon 2.8GHz.
Memory: 2GB ECC DDRAM.
Hard Drive: (2) 160GB EIDE 7200RPM.
Control Panel: CPanel
Connectivity: 100Mbps

Also:
24/7 Network & Server Monitoring;
99% Uptime Guarantee;
No Contract Required (Monthly Billing)

Archbob - but can you write your ideal plan???

Last edited:
Dual Xeons or one being hyperthreaded?

Just make sure that you go with a quality provider, try to avoid the ones that give the most difficulty such as managed.com because there have been bad downtimes in the past and hosting companies have had their reputation ruined. I suggest theplanet.com for xeon servers or servermatrix, they have a SUPER RESELLERZ which has 200GB storage in RAID-1. Perfect for the quality host :)

Also, can you provide support 24x7? It doesn't have to be live, just maximum 45min support ticket response time. Try the following outsourcing companies:
http://www.touchsupport.com - techs in USA (heard a lot of good things, but costs a bit more)
http://www.tripodsupport.com - techs are in india (very friendly techs, I have chatted with them before)

Good luck :)

Well, I've already got hosting from www.phatservers.com . Good rates, great service(<30 min tech response times), good uptime, and friendly folks. I'm only hosted on a p4 1.6ghz with 2gb ram I think but its plenty for what I need. I get 6GB and 160GB transfer per month for $75/month. I prefer the plans that give slightly less space and more bandwidth as bandwidth is my main concern.

outkast - Dual...

provider - ok ok :)) here will not be managed.com. :))) 10x for sugestion... here will be EV1 :)))

I can do all support by my team ( i'm not one in this :)))) )... i & my team have enouch knowledge for that

Archbob
http://www.phatservers.net/shared.html - I see :))
so you need a lot of bandwidth... ok thanks for your opinion...

maybe here will be custom plans in the near future on new host :)))))

I would say that if your starting out, look into a reseller account. Your gonna blow your pocketbook right out if your going to rent that dual xeon machine. Always test the water before diving in. And if you do get any signups, your out at least $250/month with that server.

10x for suggestion.... but i will have 1 or more signups surely :))) i have 2 clients right now :))) server - yes 250/mo... but correct PR & all will be ok :)

one thing :)) it's not a money qustion :))) it's for soul business :)) i have enough money :)

I would still recommend a reseller account because your not wasting money on something you dont need. And good PR is alot harder than you think. You should look around $250 for server and $150 for good advertising (per month). You can get a good reseller account for $50/mo, saving $200/mo., then transfer all accounts over to your server when you get one.

I would have to agree with verticalhost unless you have a lot of startup money.
With a co-located server be ready to pay for expenses for a few months without making any money.

With the market as it is right now, your going to be going up against host that offer 100GB for $5/mo.

The average consumer don't know that this is impossible and would most likely go with this host.

The best bit is your asking hosts for all their best tips - coffee brewing - wake up and smell it, why should we give you tips to get clients ???

Do your own thing and don't expect help as it's pretty cut throat as it is :)

there exists easy way? :)))

ok Vertical Host :)) Show me good reseller account for 50$/mo! Meant GOOD!!!!

Vizhost - 100GB not impossible... but for 5$/mo? hmmmm... DC needed :)))

Ok,

For $50/mo. I can offer you a WHM/cPanel reseller account with 10gigs of space and 150gigs of data transfer.

That would help you to get started ;)

It is just always wiser to learn how to use WHM and how to manage accounts before diving in head first with a server.

Nope the first bit says it -

I plan to get a server and to start to propose services of a hosting
then
At you wanted to know, you would be ready to give what sum for what tariff plan?
Within the framework of reasonable certainly.
I bring AS the EXAMPLE:
Admittedly the english isn't 100% but the guys looking for advice, he also gives his server specs and that he has clients he asked admittedly for a good example (have to read between the lines on that one) for a $50 package, again no harm no foul just misunderstood post. :D

Bloody language barriers ;)

I agree, the first post is very hard to understand, but I have helped to try and talk him out of getting a server that would cost him around $250/mo when he could save money.

So who reallys knows now :classic2:

Yep agree again but looks like he's went for it already :( OMG so really at that point it's useless even suggesting as it could take months to get a proper site up with all the twiddles. If you like VH it's sort of horse bolted door closed or chicken and egg stuff.

Back