• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Starting a reselling!

Myth_Pharoah

ell I was wondering, if I wanted to start a webhosting business what should I do.

I got a suggestion from Robert of Myacen Network that I should start reselling of webhosting from some already exisintg company like tera-byte.com

I went there but I didn't see a sign of reselling. :< So I guess I'm a newbie.

How should I start and go on? Why would people buy hosting from and me and so on?

Can you guys tell me?

I have pretty good experience with webdesigning so I'm not a total internet newbie :D

Well, you'll need to know some basic stuff on the Operating System the server your host is on has, the webserver, general things about the scripting languages, the databases, etc. Or you can have 0% support and sell cheap hosting.

Go find a reseller package*:

Here are some hosts that allow reselling-

www.mchost.com
www.interserver.net
www.hostiva.com
www.datahosts.net

Stay away from Donhost.co.uk and Fasthosts.co.uk if you know what's good for you.

* There are two types of reseller accounts. The traditional allows you to sell the host's plans at a different price. The newer reseller accounts give you X amount of space and you can choose to sell it however you want to.

For success you must find a reliable and fast reseller host first, then you must offer reasonable prices, maybe even offer paid hosting that earns you little profit. On second thought, save the latter for when you start your own hosting instead of reselling. ;)

Thanks man. I'll lok these sites up.

BTW do you have any IM? I'd love to talk to you. YOu seem quite a knowledgable person. :

Tera-byte.com will offer reseller packages really soon. Steve says they will be unbeatable features and price wise

Robert

Venturesonline.com is a very ideal place to start reselling with. I strongly recommend them.

Back