• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Start your own web host with HostBuilder!!!

tlsuess

Starting your own web host is now much easier and simpler! Don't even bother buying/renting a web server! You can start your own host from a shared web hosting plan! NO LIE!!!

My name is Todd, the creator of HostBuilder, and I am here to tell you that HostBuilder is the tool for you if you want to start a web host but just don't have the resources or the money for them.

HostBuilder is a web hosting tool designed for people who want to start a web host but can't afford the web server with root access.

If you're really enthusiastic about starting a web host and learning how web hosting works in a nice and user-friendly way, HostBuilder is just for you!

Check out our screenshots:
http://scripts.datacomponents.net/uploads/images/hb1_f.png
http://scripts.datacomponents.net/uploads/images/hb2_f.png
http://scripts.datacomponents.net/uploads/images/hb3_f.png
http://scripts.datacomponents.net/uploads/images/hb4_f.png

You can purchase the full copy for $49.99 at: http://scripts.datacomponents.net/index.php/hostbuilder

Or you can download the FREE Edition here: http://scripts.datacomponents.net/hbf.zip

You my friend, may have just released an unholy evil upon the world.

Now the forums and communities will be overcome by the ammount of 12 year olds running around overselling on a shared hosting account.

Not only would that be bad for the people hosting them, it would make real hosts look bad.

And you go on about how this scripts is for those that cant afford to start a webhost, then you charge $50 for the script. That my friend, is called a contradiction. But to be honest, if you cant afford to start a web host, dont bother.

I actually think that is quite a good script if used correctly.

I would say the price is too high though. ;) You may want to consider that point.

A bit offtopic, but should be said all the same; I'm sure users of this thread will look at your site and think they are getting something they are not ...

tEncoder said:
tEncoder is an encryption software designed to encrypt PHP files for use as software. tEncoder uses a complex encryption system to encode PHP scripts into standalone encrypted scripts. SCRIPTS RUN THROUGH tEncoder DO NOT REQUIRE ANY SOFTWARE TO RUN. They are standalone meaning they run by themselves. All you need to do is upload your script, encode it, and download it. It's as simple as that.

It's certainly not complex. You'll never achieve decent protection using php, you must use C and write your own extension, look for vld ...

PHP:
<?
/*
  tEncoder
  (C) 2007 Data Components Software Development
*/

function encrypt1($source, $dest) {
$typedef = chr(36);

$b64dc1 = "?><? 
".$typedef."_CHAR=\"\";
".$typedef."_CHAR2=\"\";
for(".$typedef."i=0;".$typedef."i<255;".$typedef."i++)
{
".$typedef."_CHAR.=chr(".$typedef."i);
}
for(".$typedef."i=255;".$typedef."i>=0;".$typedef."i--)
{
".$typedef."_CHAR2.=chr(".$typedef."i);
}
".$typedef."_DECODE64=base64_decode(".$typedef."_DECODE);
".$typedef."_DECRYPT=strtr(".$typedef."_DECODE64,".$typedef."_CHAR2,".$typedef."_CHAR);
eval(".$typedef."_DECRYPT);
return;
die();
?>";

$hnd = fopen($source, "r");
$code = fread($hnd, filesize($source));
fclose($hnd);
for($i=0;$i<255;$i++)
{
$_CHAR.=chr($i);
}
for($i=255;$i>=0;$i--)
{
$_CHAR2.=chr($i);
}
$code = "?>".$code;
$code = strtr($code, $_CHAR2, $_CHAR);
$code = base64_encode($code);

$hnd = fopen($dest, "w");
fwrite($hnd, "<? ".$typedef."_DECODE='".$code."
';
".$typedef."_CMD='".base64_encode($b64dc1)."
';
eval(base64_decode(stripslashes(".$typedef."_CMD)));
return;
?>");
fclose($hnd);

}

function encrypt($source, $dest) {
// Encrypts files
encrypt1($source, $source.".1");
encrypt1($source.".1", $source.".2");
encrypt1($source.".2", $source.".3");
encrypt1($source.".3", $source.".4");
encrypt1($source.".4", $dest);
unlink($source.".1");
unlink($source.".2");
unlink($source.".3");
unlink($source.".4");
}

function encryptdir($source, $dest) {
  $h = opendir($source);
  while ($d = readdir($h)) {
    if ($d != '.' && $d != '..') {
      $p = pathinfo($source."/".$d);
      if (is_dir($source."/".$d)) {
        mkdir($dest."/".$d, 0777);
        encryptdir($source."/".$d, $dest."/".$d);
      } elseif (strtolower($p['extension']) == "php" || strtolower($p['extension']) == "inc") {
        encrypt($source."/".$d, $dest."/".$d);
        echo $source."/".$d." => ".$dest."/".$d." - <font color=\"FF0000\">ENCRYPTED</font><br>";
      }
    }
  }
}

?>

as I disassembled your source code, in effect I wrote every character of the file and it's also legal to publish snippets of copyrighted material for criticism and review ... I haven't broken any laws, it's legal to reverse engineer software for educational purposes ...

i am just curious as to how you disassembled the code Joe. that is pretty impressive IMO. i wouldnt know where to even start doing something like that.

Try disassembling this:
Code:
<?
// Encrypted by NexCoder v1.0
require "nexcoder.php";

/*
--NEXCODER-VERSION-1.0-ENCODED-FILE-START--
WGplQ3Z0ampReGJYOUNNV
kdtVmJBRGJqRjQzVkZuMl
ZQUHdXbE5qVmRhTlpwUmh
DdlJiMW0zVW1sRGJZWFFU
V2dVRVlxUDVqbEh0ZFg0O
DBGZjRkdnBtSTkzQ1psR1
lCUEhrbUFOampGWjhjZ1p
3WnBLRkNxWURad0tZQlhE
VWxpblp2TnRXUWZpa3FOZ
UlHS25mUE5OPT0=
--NEXCODER-VERSION-1.0-ENCODED-FILE-END--
*/
?>

NexCoder is coming out soon which will have multiple encryptions.

To 3RH-Stan, I said, "Or you can download the FREE Edition here."

Think of it like this:

You buy HostBuilder for $50. You start your web host paying $5/month in shared hosting fees. After one month, you are set back $55 but you received 20 or 30 clients with some promotion and advertising. You publish ads from an advertiser (e.g. AdSense) on your clients web pages and then after a number of months, you will be making more than enough to pay back the $50 and the hosting fees.

I didn't just have the encoded file first time around, I had the file that encoded it ... show me nexcoder.php then ...

I wrote tEncoder a while ago. It's pretty pointless but NexCoder will have something to show. Right now I have the "nexcoder.php" encrypted with ionCube but I'm thinking of maybe writing my own but the only problem would be making it multiplatform.

It looks interesting but I'm just wondering how it would monitor the bandwidth usage since it doesn't have much access to the server and couldn't the ads just be removed by the users? I'm guessing it's using an htaccess to include the adcode or something similar since it won't have root access.

I'll have to take a look at this when I get a bit more time. :)

There's already a plethora of 12 year old hosts, even on FWS. I'm actually surprised to find people actually accepting hosting from monitors who aren't even liable for any misappropriation on their part. This really isn't going to cause the number to grow much in my opinion.

My motto: "Why not help someone achieve a vision?" There are people I talk to who want to build a web host but just don't want to pay fees nearly $100/month for a server where they won't know how to install anything or run anything. This tool is like a step-up for them. It's so they can learn about web hosting: managing accounts, creating the best hosting plans, making profits through advertising, etc. So if it's not illegal, why not help them achieve that goal? I talked to several web hosts and they said with paid web hosting plans, you can start your own free web host (but obviously running a paid host is illegal).

Most free web hosts now-a-days are run by younger generations in society until eventually they either die out or just shut down because of either inactivity or not being able to cover the costs. But it's a learning experience nonetheless.

This is what HostBuilder is meant to achieve along with the satisfaction of running a free web host.

Unfortunately making it free and easy doesn't instill any drive to 'work' at it when the client needs it most.
Market it as a control panel for shared hosting for multiple account management, not at hosting others.

I mean I'm not trying to start competition with cPanel or Plesk, but it's just something for the less-experienced. Do we all know how to install software on Debian, Ubuntu, and/or FreeBSD? We didn't at one point, but we learned how to do that. This is to ease the transition from a newbie to a slightly experienced web hoster. Because it can be discouraging to most to have to page through books and manuals to learn how to configure your DNS or make sure Apache isn't hanging. It's so that eventually they'll want to buy/rent a server and go for the real experience. So in the long run, it might pay off.

Because it can be discouraging to most to have to page through books and manuals to learn how to configure your DNS or make sure Apache isn't hanging.

That's the point, if that discourages them then it's the wrong pastime for them. :)

HostBuilder is not complete hosting in the sense of running BIND, Apache, PureFTPd, and Postfix, but it gives an experience for newbies. It would seem like a simple automated tool but it isn't. You can control almost every aspect of a client's account so if maybe you have a post-for-hosting incentive, they will be able to achieve an "ad-free website". Administrators have the option to remove/force advertisements on particular clients' web pages.

But for running on almost any web space, HostBuilder monitors such things as bandwidth, file sizes, limiting file types (by extension), and placing header and footer ads on web pages.

That's the point, if that discourages them then it's the wrong pastime for them.

I'll be honest. I never saw myself as a web hoster. I never thought I'd learn as much about Linux and web hosting as I do now. About 4 years ago, I probably would have given up. But I wanted to explore it and try something new and so I experimented with a free reseller plan and realized that I wanted to start a web host. So I bought a server and started my own free web host.

HostBuilder might be the encouragement people need to try something new and different. First impressions are important.

Back