• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

StarGate Inc?

whatevah

I registed a domain at stargateinc.com and I'm wondering what you all think of their service. I've already registered so, there's not going back.. just wondering what you all think of them.

they charge $10/year for a single domain, and $8/year for multiple domains... :D

I find their control panel much easier to use than Network Solutions, as well.

I found the site on the ICANN list of registars... I was going to use registerfly, but it just wasn't working, and seem like a scam. :rolleyes:

Jerry

i used them for 2 domains to test out before i get bulk domains for resale through them, but i don't like they domain redirect function i thought it would be vi dns not a cgi script

i don't like they domain redirect function i thought it would be vi dns not a cgi script

What do you mean via DNS? To give the name servers of your web host? I am sure you can do that .. or you mean something different? If yes, can you do this with free web hosts?

Whats the best way to redirect to free web hosts?

not entirely sure which redirect option you were using...

I used the framed re-direct (to keep the url), but instead of www.whatevah.com it loaded www.whatevah.com/cgi-bin/index.asp (or something like that).

I didn't like that :( ... the other services are pretty good.. I consider the dns control panel to be much better than most.

Jerry

are you using Stargateinc's re-direction right now?

if so, it seems to work ok and it doesn't show the extra /cgi-bin/index.asp bit in the URL..

no... I only used it for a little bit... say, a few minutes.. :)

I've got my site on portland.co.uk. SLOOOOOW. (but, free)

I'm trying to find a site that'll host my domain, and give me ftp, and cgi, and reasonable space (+10meg)... I haven't had much luck.

I would pay, if I could, but... /me is 17

couldn't you move your domain to mydomain.com or zoneedit.com and use their cloaking redirection?

Back