• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Starategy for running a free or paid hosting servcie

enoughhosting

Hello every one. I am in the hosting business for 10 years. Things have changed totally over the years. Strategies that worked earlier don't work now. Still servers goes on.

So I am proposing a few new ideas about running a free or paid hosting service and hope to get your ideas as well.

1) Free or paid, the must have thing for any hosting is quality of service. Because people who would use your service would recommend more users or tell them not to come depending on the situation.

2) One part of good service is data backup and bullet proof plan not to loose the users data in any case. Because people get angry if their data is lost.

3) Uptime is important. It is understand able that servers might go down from time to time but I would suggest a plan to stay up all year round and a downtime of a total of 3 days per year is tolerable.

4) Most important part of any online business is marketing and that's getting tough and tougher day by day due to competition in many ways. Still the best tactic is to offer quality service and assess what the customers are wanting from time to time and offer that. Its best to grow slowly and start ad campaigns from local areas then going global.

There was a time when thousands would pour in if you offered a free hosting service but now a days the competition is hard and customer accumulation is slower. But not for every one, if you can build up your reputation then you are in business.

Even though there is so much competition, its hard to find a good free host. One reason is that companies who go up in google ranking and gain too much crowd fail to keep up the service level and unknown companies with better services fail to reach clients with their offer. That's why be patient and keep your quality and grow with momentum; at the same time keep your eyes open to see what clients are asking for.

Now please add up more ideas on this post.

Last edited:
Even I am not offering hosting service, I am totally agree with all you said here.
For now I am a client. And you know this saying... Our customer is our master :p

Back