• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Standard Internet Rule Changes: Non-nude / Model websites

What's your opinion of the new changes? Do you agree with them?

• Strongly Agree

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Agree

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Disagree

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Strongly Disagree

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
As posted on other forums:
This email is going out to all SI affiliates on Monday 4/22/02:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Effective immediately Standard Internet will no longer permit any placement of it's programs advertisements on "Teen Model" or "Non-Nude" websites.

This notice is effective for all SI programs including AllClicks, SearchTraffic, BulkClicks, MojoSearch, ClickThruTraffic, TextLinks, PopUpTraffic, and CellularPhones.com.

The terms and conditions of each of these programs will be updated accordingly. SI programs on these type of sites must be removed as soon as possible and termination notices will commence on May 1, 2002 for affiliates failing to comply.

If you are not sure if your website falls into one of these categories you may email "admin@PROGRAM NAME.com" (for example admin@AllClicks.com) for clarification but you MUST REMOVE ALL LINKS pending return written approval from the admin.

If you have other questions regarding this policy change you may email admin@standardinternet.com

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation in this matter.

Standard Internet Corp.
>>>>>>>>>>>

Other forums:

SICtalk: (Posted as an announcement, no replies)
http://www.sictalk.com/forum/announcement.php?s=&forumid=11

GeekVillage/Talk:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16498

Opinion

I'd like to hear your opinions about these new changes, are they good, bad or indifferent? If you're affected what's your opinion, where do you think you will be moving your traffic to?

Last edited:
I don't care cause I don't run those kinds of sites, but I can see why they are doing it though. Although I don't see why you can't sell cellphones off a teen website.

Originally posted by Archbob
Although I don't see why you can't sell cellphones off a teen website.

I wondered that too. But lets face it, they wouldn't get many sales off a site like that, they would probably just get worthless traffic which would cost them money in bandwidth? That is the only reason I can think of.

Traffic from these types of sites are most of the time worthless traffic and isn't productive. Most of the traffic anyway.

I don't have any of these type's of sites but i do have a problem with them usingt he term non-nude sites although many of know what this means, my sites don't hae any nudes on them same as many sites and this term could easily apply to any site I just would liek them to clarify the emaning more in there meaning.

Here is a post by Robert on GeekVillage:
Celebrity sites generally fall under "fair use" and we really don't take issue with them. "Teen Model" site operators, however, generally have no copyrights for the content displayed on their sites and we (and our attorneys) feel that we need to specifically state that we do not want our programs advertised on these type of websites (just as we have in the past declined to do business with ROM, MP3, etc. websites)

Okay, it looks as if they're not trying to stop Celebrity websites (one with actual content and photos), although as the first post suggested, it's probaly best if you e-mail the admins on a case-by-case basis.

For NN sites, I doubt its the copyright that has them jumping, its the fact that most of the traffic is worthless.

Originally posted by Archbob
For NN sites, I doubt its the copyright that has them jumping, its the fact that most of the traffic is worthless.

Yes I agree, Celebrity sites must have just as much copyright problems as NN sites.

I personally believe that copyright and legalities would be put much higher priority than the quality of traffic.

I believe it's for this reason that illegal MP3 websites, emulation websites and 'warez' websites would not accepted, reasonably regardless of their traffic's quality.

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
I personally believe that copyright and legalities would be put much higher priority than the quality of traffic.

I believe it's for this reason that illegal MP3 websites, emulation websites and 'warez' websites would not accepted, reasonably regardless of their traffic's quality.

I think MP3, emulation and 'warez' websites are low quality traffic because people who go to those kind of sites aren't likely to buy anything.

But I would have to say celebrity sites which consist of just images of young teen idle celebs, have traffic just as worthless, but those with content are probably a bit better.

Also I think, the copyright of a celebrity image is a little grey, it isn't as clear cut as downloading copyrighted movies, music, games, etc.

No official response to that question Gayowulf, although I would think so, here is a quote from Czar off GeekVillage:

...In any case, I'm sure that Robert will not only further define these two terms here, but will allow his team to make exceptions in those cases where the publisher has obtained the rights to use photos of models on a casting-related or male-oriented site (ie IGN or FHM-type publication).

What this clause says to me is little more than reinforcing two terms that the company has long had in place - that sites which violate the intellectual property of others or which contain adult-oriented material will not be accepted...

Original Thread

Although as the first post suggested, it's probaly best if you e-mail the admins on a case-by-case basis. :)

To ningaming

I find it ok that SI changes their rules and businesspartners, but I do think that they should honour their former businnes partners bye paying them

Is it fair, first taking affiliates in, let them sell your products, and then after some time say, that you wish no longer to do business with them, AND if they haven't reached minimum payout limit, well sorry for them, but they have worked for free ???

I think that the right thing to do would be say to the affiliates tjat, we (SI) are going to make some changes in our rules, and sites like yours are unfortunatly not in an area that we wish to do businness in, so we will therefore no longer be trakking hits from your site, but will ofcourse send you a check on the amount you have earned up to May 1.

My site was not amoung the hit sites, but I have terminated my account at Mojosearch, as I do not know what kind of changes, SI will bring in future, and do not want to risk losing 25 $ when/if they change their rules next time...

Best regards

Martin

Last edited:
Futher clarification of these rule changes, at Standard Internet's forums:
Posted by Ron of SI Source: SICtalk
as long as the models are over 18 you are fine.

bottom line to the email is this:
if you run a regular website of any kind, you are fine. if you run ANY type of website that contains pictures of underage people no matter how they are dressed, you are no longer allowed in this program.

there is a whole group of websites out there called "NN" or "non-nude" that post pics of teens in underwear or bikinis. they know who they are, we won't allow them in our programs.
if you have any other questions, you can contact me directly at ron@standardinternet.com

Last edited:
Back