• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Squatters

zoobie

Mile High Club
NLC
Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle...A domain name I was thinking about was just grabbed the 26th of December. No matter...I grabbed the singular version. But what I've noticed is very similar to mine (.com, .org, .us, etc) are either selling the name for $288 or just displaying a shopping portal.

Bummer...:(

I thought this went out 5-6 years ago...but I guess not.

Domain squatting is not registering a domain that someone else was thinking about getting. It very likely also isn't registering a similar name to one you happen to own and selling it. The shopping portal sites are often the work of the registrar or the person who owns the domain (more of a parking page of sorts).

What did go out 5-6 years ago was the thought that one could not register a domain they liked and then be surprised if someone else registered it. Now, if you like the domain, buy it.

Back