• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

sponger?

linktome

just reading another thread and see this host host-topia.com. it sounds to me that this host wantsto sponge on hostopia.com, a hosting giant?

linktome said:
just reading another thread and see this host host-topia.com. it sounds to me that this host wantsto sponge on hostopia.com, a hosting giant?

host-topia.com and hostopia.com are two different domains and two different companies by the looks of it, so, I can't see why you think they would be sponging.

the same sound when saying these names. It likes microsoft and micrrosoft :D Of course, I can register micrrosoft.com under different name. but then I will get trouble with M$ right?

I believe if host-topia is big enough, they will get trouble with hostopia ;)

it sounds to me that this host wantsto sponge on hostopia.com, a hosting giant?
If that wasn't their goal, then they've made a really poor choice in choosing a domain name, from pretty much all points of view.

So, either way you look at it, they started off with the wrong foot.

Yeah I hope thats not the case. I registered everythinganime.info not knowing there was already an everythinganime.com Any sponging wasn't meant :p

yeah that can happen. Oddly enough when I registered availnetworks.net and Avail Networks, LLC it turns out there was an availnetworks.com and an avail networks, INC about 30 miles from where I actually live.

they do a different type of business so it's all good

Back