• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

spam and hotmail

jason

i get about 400 messages of spam a week at my hotmail accout, i have had it since 97 and signed up to god knows what with it, but this spam is too much. i leave it for a week, come back and all my old messages are gone, replaced with spam.
1. is there anyway to get the old messages back? i tried contacting hotmail once but got nothing back
2.how the hell i can i reduce the freaking spam!!

2)log in to hotmail, click options, go to "personal profile", scroll down and uncheck share my email address and the rest. unsubscribe from mailing lists. opt out of "special offers from partners"

I've been trying to think up an anti spam service, where users sign up for email forwarding and filters are preset in place for them. But I'm not too sure how that would work.

You are stuck using hotmails filters. It's a little too late to stop your address from being added to the spam lists.

As for the messages being lost, are you storing them in seperate folders? Maybe if they are in a folder, rather than the inbox, they will not be erased?

Re: best idea of all

Have you tried those custom fliters..i find them great you can select a certain word like "ADV" , and then allow it go to any folder you want.Its cut down my Spam highly. :)

I have a hotmail account, I use mainly for msn messenger, I am also a member of some of the msn communities.

Currently I average 4 spam emails per month.

Hotmail is cutting back. You only get 2mb storage now and I get .5mb spam every day even with filters. My www.myrealbox.com account gets no spam and has 10mb storage.:D Hotmail is 99% spam but I gave that address to people and hosts along time ago so I have to keep it.

ever since i got a new hotmail account (with an "_" in it) must get about 1 piece of spam every 2 weeks

Mullin

Back