• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Space needed

PLATINUM PLAN
· 5GB Web Space
· 50GB Data Transfer
· Unlimited POP3
· PHP & MySQL
· Fantastico
· Site Builder - new
· Cpanel
. 24/7 support
· 30 Day Money Back
· Free Domain
· Only £6.99 per month or £69.99 a year.

If interested then please contact us.

A lot of hosts have been raising their data storage space and bandwidth, like servage, globat, and even netfirms. Would you consider them overselling as well?
Maybe some hosts really have the ability to offer such large space and bandwidth at a low price, and just because they can, it doesn't mean they are overselling.

I think we should just let drx decide what he wants.

Give them a break

Overselling is not always a bad thing. Too much of it definately is a bad thing. But just because a host oversells, does not mean that the service will be bad. It's about sensible control.

Not really fair of anybody to trash another host just because he/she thinks they are overselling. Mind your own business. Only makes you look desperate.

JLHost said:
Overselling is not always a bad thing. Too much of it definately is a bad thing. But just because a host oversells, does not mean that the service will be bad. It's about sensible control.

Not really fair of anybody to trash another host just because he/she thinks they are overselling. Mind your own business. Only makes you look desperate.

Couldn't Agree more.

Well I disagree with the above usage. Let’s say all customers actually used the resources allocated by some of the larger oversold hosts they would be out of business. It only because 5% actually will use those resources of their account and those people are looking at spending very little for a lot of space and bandwidth.

If you read their terms on all those hosts highlighted they have particular bandwidth and comments that would prove rather difficult to use all that’s allocated. A sound business you will creates revenue if done correctly no need for this false advertising. Just because the army of followers now grasped that those unlimited accounts are bad the larger hosts found another way of getting around the unlimited accounts.

A number of larger firms offer such packages 1and1 US, Resellerspanel, Servage, Powweb, Globat, Lunarpages, Netfirms.

Now that is just my view, quite dull if you have to falsely advertise.

That's true. You shouldn't trash a specific host, but at the same time I think other hosts should alert the person looking for hosting that it is not technically possible to offer that much space and bandwidth without overselling on a very large scale. After that it is the person's decision to take the risk or not. Remember that while many hosts are competing on price, others are competing on quality as well and thus it is important to let people know that their sites will be slower on an oversold server etc.

The truth of the matter is that most people requesting hosting here are on such a tight budget they always pick the cheapest offer anyway and many end up back here looking for the cheapest deal again several months later so it probably isn't even worth the trouble. Please note that this comment is not directed at your drx, it's just a general observation. :)

You know SupremeCenter ?

I say that , I'm not really own the server but I'm the representative of supremecenter which has more than 28 servers running since 2003

My domain has just register , yes true because I'm just become there representative. and they doesn't give and custom package for sell but only End-User package only.

My site isn't offline like you said too ... :devious2: :devious2: :devious2 :devious2: : :devious2: I've check it today already.

If you still not believe , you can talk to our respresenative on 108Dev.info Live Chat any time when they're online (which is about 16 hours per day). Nat , Mel ,Ender and everyone in support team would be glad to discuss.

Sorry about Hijacking Thread but, It's not good to blame any host just because your thinking. You thinking might not be 100% right at all. This is no good. :shame: :shame: :shame: :shame:

List of Server Name:

supremecenter5.com
supremecenter6.com
supremecenter7.com
supremecenter8.com
supremecenter9.com
supremecenter10.com
supremecenter11.com
supremecenter12.com
supremecenter13.com
supremecenter14.com
supremecenter15.com
supremecenter16.com
supremecenter17.com
supremecenter18.com
supremecenter19.com
supremecenter20.com
supremecenter21.com
supremecenter22.com
supremecenter23.com
supremecenter24.com
supremecenter25.com
supremecenter26.com
supremecenter27.com
sedbox1.com
supremepanel.com
supremepanel2.com
supremepanel3.com
supremepanel4.com

Are we forgetting some things?

TJR Networks said:
I think other hosts should alert the person looking for hosting that it is not technically possible to offer that much space and bandwidth without overselling on a very large scale.

I disagree. It's not upto hosts to inform the people who request here of the technical information which they will probably never really understand anyway. Average, normal users don't want to know how a datacenter works, what a server actually does. They are just interested in putting up and viewing a website without trouble, running smoothly.

In fact in my view, when hosts do try to argue with this "they are overselling big time!" attitude, it makes all of us look silly. These hosting industry giants have started offering these high bandwidth plans - in some shape or form this will slowly come into effect all across the board. (Only my opinion)

As for the ridiculously huge bandwidth plans these big hosts now offer - I actually don't think it's so ridiculous. It's just difficult to understand from a small host's viewpoint - where the average startup host only sees what they have and what they usually have is their limited 1000GB Bandwidth servers with the average 80GB hard disk, or some even, a reseller account. And all we could do is compare everything to what we have. So easy to call outrage.

From a huge hosting provider's view, it's a different story. One can't say much with a reseller account / a dedicated server or two. If you don't own your own datacenter, all you can do is do your best within what you get for your money from the prices set. This is probably a possible interesting new topic.

Lastly.

Ok. I did say one should not trash another.

But I feel sorry for whoever hired you, achinapong.

Last edited:
I disagree. It's not upto hosts to inform the people who request here of the technical information which they will probably never really understand anyway. Average, normal users don't want to know how a datacenter works, what a server actually does. They are just interested in putting up and viewing a website without trouble, running smoothly.
Everyone has a different opinion. Personally I see hosting to be very much like digital cameras. Just because the CCD has a higher resolution, it doesn't mean the image quality is any better if the camera has a terrible lens. If you go to a Sony to buy a digital camera, you expect them to tell you why their products are better than Panasonic's products. Then you go to Panasonic and ask them why their products are better than Sony's products. Once you have all the information you can make an informed choice. Neither company knows the exact details about how the other produces their cameras but they have a pretty good idea.

As I said in my post, yes, you should not directly say "this host sucks because of blah blah blah" but personally if I didn't know anything about hosting I would appreciate someone explaining to me what overselling is, how it can affect your website and then I can make my own educated decision. If the host runs their own datacenter, then circumstances may be slightly different, but I don't believe you can sell 15GB of space and 300GB bandwidth for $5 per month without overselling. :)

TJR Networks said:
Everyone has a different opinion. Personally I see hosting to be very much like digital cameras. Just because the CCD has a higher resolution, it doesn't mean the image quality is any better if the camera has a terrible lens. If you go to a Sony to buy a digital camera, you expect them to tell you why their products are better than Panasonic's products. Then you go to Panasonic and ask them why their products are better than Sony's products. Once you have all the information you can make an informed choice. Neither company knows the exact details about how the other produces their cameras but they have a pretty good idea.

As I said in my post, yes, you should not directly say "this host sucks because of blah blah blah" but personally if I didn't know anything about hosting I would appreciate someone explaining to me what overselling is, how it can affect your website and then I can make my own educated decision.
The customer usually isn't and shouldn't be worried about overselling. Overselling doesn't mean that one company is better than the other. It just means their business plans are different. What the customer should definitely be worried about is irresponsible overselling. Any host whose server(s) could go under at any moment because a few people use all of their space actually has the responsibility of telling the customer the enormous risks involved.

However, if the customer asks, "I've heard about overselling and that it could be bad. What is that? Do you do that?" then the host should be honest enough to tell the truth and clarify any misgivings about overselling.

Back