• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Space for my media files

BrendanWX

Hey, does anyone know of a host with 50MB space, allow .zip, .mpeg and .mp3 files, and allow hotlinking? I need one for my site's media files.

are they legal? if not, no free host [listed here, i assume there are some warez hosts out there (i'm not a warez user though)] is going to host illegal material.

try streamload if you're going to keep them to yourself. otherwise try lunarpages (they're coming back soon, tell them you need to host with them)

they're offering

100MB + FTP

a bunch of other stuff you might not need (i.e. Perl 5.6.0, PHP, mySQL) ;)

warez hosts?

That sounds interesting...I think that if they exist, they might be a good thing to look into for hotlinking...?

TJ

web1000.com has 50 megs of space, no file size limit.
If you do nothing but hotlinking the account will die though, so heres what you do:
On your sites media files page, create a link to the web1000 account.
In the web1000 acount, put up some simple html with a link back to your site, and upload your files there.
It won't look as neato as hotlinking files does, but the account won't be deleted...

Shameless plug, thats what I'm doing for my website :p

-Keen
http://keenmecca.cjb.net

hotlinking is the use of web space on the net for file storage..so you can call it from another place.

Back