• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sorry todo this Peo & Chicken and others .....

Technics

NLC
NLC
From: "Zia Ishak" <bzaya@bigpond.net.au> Save Address - Block Sender
To: <max@flashtechnics.com> Save Address
Subject: hahaha
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 12:11:38 +1100

Hi,

Gcites is no more so hahaha your the one who wasted your time going around
saying shit. I always will make more money then openhosting.co.uk :) you run
a little hosting company haha wow. I have relatives in the oil business it
goes alot more further then your little hosting business good bye and good
luck btw alot they can do im only 13 :) my dad registered the domain for me. I did it for fun.

-------------------------

Just thought id post his email to me which he must of sent shortly after being caught.

Oh and by the way i dont own openhosting im a sales rep. Its owned by adam and mark.

Wow. So that's it?! GCites was just being run by this child?! Although I already suspected it reading his FAQ. Hoo boy. His poor members.

Does this happen often in the FWP world?

Wow... I think Ron must have a sixth sense here, every time he gets into a real long argument with someone, it appears to be a minor... TCH, that alex dude, gcites...

Why ARE these minors trying to dupe people into using their FWP "services" anyway? Just for fun? Oh, wait... so they can hack into people's passwords and email, right?

Originally posted by jvv
Wow... I think Ron must have a sixth sense here, every time he gets into a real long argument with someone, it appears to be a minor... TCH, that alex dude, gcites...

Let's just call it 2+ years of watching these losers come through here and doing my best to uncover them. They get pretty easy to pick out after a while. ;) They almost always offer ad-free hosting and a fully loaded server. They know they don't have to pay for it (daddy is - until he gets the first big bill at least) and they know if it sucks (which it usually does) they can just walk away.

Either put up with ads on your FWP or pay for hosting. That's the only long term solution.

Originally posted by Ron Seigel
They almost always offer ad-free hosting and a fully loaded server.

Ad-free is a sure sign of death coming. OC12 server is a sure sign of death coming. 13 years old is a sure sign of death coming. Doing it 'for fun' is a sure sign of death coming. I've never really though running a business was 'fun'. Generally it is a royal pain in the buttocks. If you are having fun than you are undermotivated. :)

Um... sorry to take the conversation back a bit (I don't normaly read these posts :() But what did he do illegaly?

<edit>
Oh don't worry found it!
He had an illegal copy of AllManage for those tuning in! :)
</edit>

[Edited by }:8) Supermoo on 11-23-2000 at 12:36 AM]

I guess being a FWP wasn't 'fun' anymore. :p

YIKES!!! That host50 thing is HORRIBLE! I don't think I've *ever* seen a worse abuse of color. Ahhhhhh! I'm still seeing spots!

I guess he started up yet another FWP under a different name. It's a safe bet to stay the heck away from host50 methinks. ;)

Ron - I remember host50.com being there even while GCites was still up. Looks like the kid had a backup plan ready beforehand. Or a friend with the same idea.

Why do they INSIST?!

And I'm seeing spots too. I'd say this design is a Worst of the Web candidate. :D

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
Um... sorry to take the conversation back a bit (I don't normaly read these posts :() But what did he do illegaly?

<edit>
Oh don't worry found it!
He had an illegal copy of AllManage for those tuning in! :)
</edit>

[Edited by }:8) Supermoo on 11-23-2000 at 12:36 AM]

Just curious, but what is AllManage?

Program capable of making your own Geocities or in this case Gcites. It's the back-end and all the CGI interfaces in one script you can download.

http://youthofamerica.org/prowebpages/ - Nolonger available

From CGI Resource index:
AllManage is a program that will turn your website into Geocities or Angelfire. We have all the items that you could need, including set amount of disk space, auto or manual approval of new applications, limit number of accounts, full admin control, suspend, remove or add member and much more.

I have new url for allmanage somewhere.... I'll check my records and return if I find it :)

It wasn't easy to find...

Back