• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Sorry for bad english.

Darknight

Premium
Premium Member
NLC
Why the hell do people put at the end of posts "sorry for bad english."????
My english is poor too so,
Sorry for my bad english. :devious2:

IDK, nothing better the write a thread about. :eek3:

Maybe they think if they didn't apologize it we wouldn't notice that it's bad?

It's pretty much become a standard that if I see 'sorry for bad english' anywhere in a post (and it jumps out now), I ignore it completely..because it kills my braincells trying to decrypt that ---- sometimes..

It is ironic that some people who have reasonably good English ask for forgiveness for their 'bad' English.

Are they trying to make me feel inferior?

Well, some people have made it a habit...

1) someone with bad english sees a person posting "sorry for my bad english"
2) that someone with bad english also decides that he should start posting "sorry for my bad english"
3) repeat step 1 and 2 exponentially

hamster, that is a pretty good observation. Luckily that doesn't happen to me, even though my English is really bad.

They do it to stop people flaming them for bad grammar and spelling, I expect.

Exactly, because it WILL happen, on account of forum users being huge flaming douchebags.

I'm just impressed with anyone who is able to learn new languages, regadless of their proficiency.

Why the hell do people put at the end of posts "sorry for bad english."????
My english is poor too so,
Sorry for my bad english. :devious2:

IDK, nothing better the write a thread about. :eek3:

When I was taking the psychology class in the college, our teacher set this as an example, it's called suggestion psychology, and the people who always say ''my English is bad'', is setting boundary to themselves, maybe they don't have enough confidence.

When I was taking the psychology class in the college, our teacher set this as an example, it's called suggestion psychology, and the people who always say ''my English is bad'', is setting boundary to themselves,
Kinda like when you enter someone's home and they say "Excuse the mess". You immediately start looking for the mess of which they speak :D

I keep my mouth shut and hope they don't notice :p

Kinda like when you enter someone's home and they say "Excuse the mess". You immediately start looking for the mess of which they speak :D

I keep my mouth shut and hope they don't notice :p

I do that when my room looks like a hurricane (er, hydrogen bomb) hit it.

Back