• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Something like cooLfreepages...

DarkTemplar194

I am looking for a temporary server for a new site if i want to make one. so i can host my files before transferring to hey.nu or something like that. :p

35+ MB
1gb bandwidth
popup ads
PHP4
One MySQL DB

that's it. Oh yea, and FTP upload. any free ones out there?

Well, spaceports is, let's put it this way, SHIT.

Their ads are so damn anoying. They put a hella giant ad frame on your site and then it asks to set your homepage to something. ...

Something like e-Rice. But not needed domain hosting.

Originally posted by DarkTemplar194
I am looking for a temporary server for a new site if i want to make one. so i can host my files before transferring to hey.nu or something like that. :p

35+ MB
1gb bandwidth
popup ads
PHP4
One MySQL DB

that's it. Oh yea, and FTP upload. any free ones out there?
i like that you are asking for popup ads

what about lycos

Originally posted by amelen
Is there anywere i can see an example of that frame?

How about this: http://www.spaceports.com/~meggie/

Also, I would like to note that this doesn't sit well with people like us who use stealth redirection, as this causes our websites' real addresses to show up in the browser bar, which is not what smart people who don't want our free hosting URL's bookmarked want, since those URL's would stop working in the event we're forced to change hosts.

Does anyone know if its possible to write a javascript that would check if a person has cookies enabled, and if they support pop-ups? (check if pop-ups are dissabled or not)

Yeah, but what would happen if the user does not have cookies or pop-ups enabled? Would you redirect the user to T35.com? That would be a minor inconvenience, but I guess if that's just the way T35 has to survive, so be it, as long as the websurfers who aren't freeloading can visit my site.

And yes, you are right about there being no good banner sponsors - if you looked at the advertisements in the sample frame, you'd notice that they're only for Tera-Byte, Spaceports' parent company. Spaceports can't get anyone to advertise in their network at all, and the only revenues they're making are from upgrades to the ad-free services.

If i can get a script like that, for those with no cookie or pop-up support, i would probobly show a differnt kind of ad (instead of a pop-up under)... not sure what kind.. If i were to get this script at this point in time, I would even use it... I just would like to know that I have the option of using it.

You'd better not show a kind of ad that's on the page or else visitors would just get a blank page with an ad on it if the site uses frames.

Back