• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Somebody help with with Outlook Express!!

el crapo

I'm really ticked off at Outlook Express right now. After I rebooted my computer every single one of my e-mails in the inbox folder were gone!!! GRR!! :mad:

Does anybody know what the hell is causing this? And/Or how to get rid of this problem.

Whats gone is gone...

Maybe next time create a folder not in outlook express, and put in all your emails inside for backup.

Noen of the emails should be gone. Wehn they're removed from the inbox, they are moved to the deleted mail folder. You can still access that mail and delete it when you want to.

Originally posted by Bruce
Noen of the emails should be gone. Wehn they're removed from the inbox, they are moved to the deleted mail folder. You can still access that mail and delete it when you want to.

I thought that too but the deleted folder is empty as it usually is.

yeah well I just realized yahoo is going to stop offering pop forwarding or whatever so I'm gonna have to check my mail with a browser sooner or later....well unless i get an account at someplace like hotmail but then i would have to inform all friends family, online places and such about my new email address and that'd be a pain in my ---.

You can try searching for files named *.dbx though if they are really gone then you might not find much...

AHEM!!! What is wrong with me???
Anyway, search your drive for one of your emails, if it is not there than I would say it is gone, you could have some how changed the setting on where it stores your mail, I think outlook is a great program, although I am not to found of Outlook express

I had that happen in Outlook Express when I tried updating to a new version. I lost some of my emails in my inbox. I had to use the Export Mail to be able to backup my mail box to prevent this when I tried it again.

HGW = "MS Outlook sucks"

Homeygwiz,
It does not suck, Express may suck but Outlook itself is a very very good program, I would say it is the best, and if not tell me what is better?

Back