• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some Ways To Verify The Web Hosting Company

samdonna

1. cost :
At first you must read the hosting plans information. Contrast features and cost plans to choose the best one. Search an affordable web hosting company to save technology value. Start with a basic plan initially and upgrade afterward whenever require.

2. Hosting Features :
Make sure you have all the features required for your website. Estimate the disk space required for your website. Some significant features include cPanel , add-on domains, emails and ftp accounts. Money back guarantee is other significant feature to assure the quality of services and also make sure your web host offers 24/7 technical support. :welcome:

It is a wrong perception, however, that cheap web hosts entail poor quality of services because there are really, indeed, reputable web host providers that are offering affordable or cheap web hosting packages.

Also, you can verify that they are licensed to use certain software which they have on their site, such as WHMCS for example.

I believe that if the company has nice reputation in the market and there are also positive customer hosting reviews about their services, it will be a good deal.

I would add that another essential point is to test how responsive and courteous the tech support are by addressing them with questions before you subscribe or get a trial period.

this advise works for Shared Hosting only and I would put this - "At first you must read the hosting plans information. Contrast features and cost plans to choose the best one. Search an affordable web hosting company to save technology value. Start with a basic plan initially and upgrade afterward whenever require." - on comment. Are you saying that any hosting plan which offer more by quantity should be the "best" or the "most reliable" one?

the reliable one. I say many hosts use to offer "unlimited" everything space, mysql, bandwith, domains, addon domains, etc.
And users get caught and buy their plans because this word "unlimited" catches the eyes.
Unless your site is as big as Amazon, you will never use all their resources ;) So it's good advice that fcolor gave: start with the basic plan, don't let yourself be fooled by numbers.

the reliable one. I say many hosts use to offer "unlimited" everything space, mysql, bandwith, domains, addon domains, etc.
And users get caught and buy their plans because this word "unlimited" catches the eyes.
Unless your site is as big as Amazon, you will never use all their resources ;) So it's good advice that fcolor gave: start with the basic plan, don't let yourself be fooled by numbers.

Very True. And if you're site is getting to "Amazon" status, you won't be looking for shared/reseller hosting in the first place. :p

Check to make sure they're a registered business.

I agree that it's a good idea but not that fair, they could be a business registered in the USA but not the UK and vice versa. Also not all web hosts might feel the need to. But yeah, it's a good idea to check for any bad reviews ect too!

Something to keep in mind in terms of reviews: the customer group most likely to leave a review is those who are displeased. This is true regardless of the reason for displeasure (user issue, hosting issue, some other factor). A happy user is much less likely to leave a review; this is not because they don't care, but rather they just don't think about it.

Another thing to remember in regards to reviews: some are not true! Good reviews may have been left by the host itself, and bad reviews may have been left by seedy competitors trying to trash the host's name....I've seen both scenarios many times.

Bottom line: take reviews with a grain of salt.

Back