• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some Questions

jurupa

I am looking for a good ad sponsor for my site. I don't that many hits only 54 unquie hits for this month with 7 per day average. What would be a good sponsor that I can make some money with?

My other question is about popupmoney.com how good are they? And do they pay on time?

ExoGama
Stats

jurapa, I think you had better work on getting traffic to your site :) with just a few uniques a day it might take years to reach a minimum payout. At that rate, even if popupmoney paid, it would take you around 200 days to make $1. :biggrin2:

Hey I do have good size traffic for a site that has been live for one month. And I do have returning traffic :D . So I must be do something good.

MONEY

You will not make money with that traffic, it is not even worth trying. Your site is in an undesirable category. With maximum advertising (popups, banners, searchboxes etc.) you can make at best US$0.003 per visitor. 54 uniques in a month will make you about .15 cents per month.

Web publishing is a tough business and you won't make fast money. The question you should be asking yourself is am I willing to spend hundreds of hours to make a few extra dollars when I can certainly make more money doing anything other than web publishing.

If for some reason you insist on being a publisher. You need to publish something. Look at it as if you were putting out an interactive magazine about your topic. Your site will need original content a reason for people to come back. It is hard to get visitors. So you want to make them loyal. You can go to DMOZ.org and download their directory of your category for free that will help.

Learn SEO, without you are dead. I have friends with sites like yours who are good at SEO and are making a few thousand dollars per month. You can start learning SEO by going to Searchengineworld.com and reading everything on the site.

Before you even think about a sponsor get your site to at least 1000 uniques a day. I see that you are good in PHP download a free toplist script like PHP topsites or listsitepro and install in on your server. Do a search on google for topsite lists about your topic and join every single one. Send them 1 click each yourself just to get on the list and that should give you a base of daily traffic to grow.

After you have something worthwhile to promote and sell ad space on, you set a goal of making $1 per day. For a site like yours you should be able to do it easily with 500 to 1,000 uniques per day depending on how much advertising you want to dump on your visitors. When you get to $1 set the next goal at $5 and keep increasing it.

This guy at least understands the basics of generating money from advertising. He has ads from clickxchange and CJ before he even has any visitors.

At a minimum I would suggest filling the categories of your site with some listings so it doesen't appear so bare.
Consider each listing you add as a potential link partner and source of traffic. Go after it like that and do some "industrial strength" link building and I am sure anyone can get traffic to any site it just takes a lot of work and its a tedious process.
Getting enough content for ODP or Zeal listings if applicable would be a good goal to start.

Back