• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

some feedback on this please

Now it is Ok for me
Your country flag is :
You come from Iran, Islamic Republic of
Your 2 letter country code is IR
Your 3 letter country code is IRN

May I have it??

works fine here Joe.
now, it would be nice to see it get city and state too

also, i can get the flag images if you havent already

Joe, not 100% certain on this but I think if you manipulate ico as a bmp with php it should work.. when you rename a .bmp to .ico it becomes an icon file, so I don't see why it shouldn't :).

what exactly are you wanting to do with this anyways

I plan to make my own api using maxminds databases, only mine will be free to use and thiers is incredibly expensive, before I go ahead and buy a liscence, I need to know that all the country codes have a flag, I can't seem to think of a way to do it so need ppl to tell me ......

It can be very useful, although this will break soon ( because I'll break it ) doing

file_get_contents('http://krakjoe.com/geoip/query=code&address=remote');

will tell you where you user is and eventually thier state and region, you can use this information to direct traffic, load a language file, or one of a billion other things.

PHP can do all of this by default, with the maxmind api, but it uses a free database ( the one in use now ) and it's limited without regions; also, not everyone knows php well enough to implement it or might prefer to use javascript ( for seo purposes ), and the extension that allows it resides in PECL, a lotta servers don't have it ( you can install it with http://krakjoe.com/projects/GeoIP-installer if you're root, or DIY ).
The idea is I buy I license and everyone in the world can use it, afterall the geographics of our planet do belong to everyone.

Bottom line, it's just filling my life up, like most things I write .......

Last edited:
Back