• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Some advice, if you please...

jrsweet

I'm getting increasingly tired of using free hosts, and am looking into getting a paid account in the not-too-distant future.

Basically, I need a host that is:

- reliable
- decently-priced (under $30/mo.)
- customer-friendly
- willing to allow me to use the account for other sites I do as well (none of which I will make money on; they're run for others as a volunteer)

I would really appreciate any advice you could offer.

Thanks for your time.

You should be able find many hosts to fit your need for the price.

Two that I like that I'm currently using are..

Below10host.com

Hostgo.com

I havn't talked much about them but I'm really liking the account I have with Hostgo. The server is very, very fast, just about always up. And... they let me have 5 different domains on the one site (each pointing to it's own directory) for free. Also their customer service has been top notch. I picked up on them some months ago from a post and it has been the best advice that I've received in a long time.

http://www.hostgo.com

willing to allow me to use the account for other sites I do as well (none of which I will make money on; they're run for others as a volunteer)

Do you mean by hosting other domains on one account?

While I wouldn't mind having the host actually host other domains for my account, it's not necessary. I'd be happy just to have my other sites in subdirectories.

Besides, isn't that what MyDomain is for? :D

Been there, done that!

I'm currently running several sites that I work on under a volunteer basis, so like you I went looking for a quality, dependable host with friendly service and a good price.

I found HostCaters at www.hostcaters.com to be exactly what I was looking for! Martie (the administrator) always responded to my emails quickly and courteously. HostCaters is, by far, the easiest host to work with, and their plans are very well-priced. I highly recommend them!

interaid.com seemed pretty good for me

there fast too and reliable

I'm not sure how many users they have though :eek:

Back