• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

solidinternet or ultrix hosting?

fireworkz

I did a week's research over fws and wht and found 3 hosting co which offer low price hosting and large space.
And Now I come to decide whether to choose ultrix hosting or soliteinternet

they are of the same price but ultrixhosting offer more features while solitehosting gives more company goodwill as they are subsidary of myacen.com

which one do u think is better?

ultrix is fairly new and hasn't built up a reputation yet, so I would suggest giving solidinternet a try :)

Solidinternet looks like a great company. Although I do not have any prior experience with them, but their website looks great and very professional. Just gave me a great first impression just entering their website. Also as Robert said, they (Solidinternet) has been in business for 2 years which proves that they have experience in the field and also they are solid in the hosting business :) Good luck with your new host!

fireworkz said:
I did a week's research over fws and wht and found 3 hosting co which offer low price hosting and large space.
And Now I come to decide whether to choose ultrix hosting or soliteinternet

they are of the same price but ultrixhosting offer more features while solitehosting gives more company goodwill as they are subsidary of myacen.com

which one do u think is better?

i just thought everyone should take a look at these following links about ultrix hosting.. i was looki for a decent host and was gonna put myu money down on ultrix but when i did a google search on it look what came up:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=323548&perpage=15&highlight=ultrixhosting.com&pagenumber=2

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=48761

i just hope ppl will be very careful when they choose hosts... i'm definitely gonna be goin for reliability with hosts from now onwards.. thanks to the search results i haven't committed any money on the mentioned host :cool2:

runk-0-funk said:
I am a current member of Ultrix hosting. I do recommend anyone to them. I am happy with there service.
and I am a member of LCR hosting which is a ultrixhosting reseller... and I have two words to say: unreliability and downtime. mysql always goes down, the load average is sometimes above 10, and the machine is going down constantly. I do NOT recommend them.

Buddy, I won't recommend SolidInternet, though I am very happy with their parent company for last 2 years.

I had a verrrrrrry bad experience with SolidInternet and wasted a 56$ account. Their support sucks. The lesson I learned "When you go for low cost webhosting, you have to sacrifice support."

The bottom line is, if you don't bother about support go with them.

Last edited:
Peter65 said:
I had a verrrrrrry bad experience with SolidInternet and wasted a 56$ account. Their support sucks. The lesson I learned "When you go for low cost webhosting, you have to sacrifice support."

The bottom line is, if you don't bother about support go with them.

Interesting what is the domain name you used on the solidinternet service?

Solidinternet clearly states it only offers limited forum support. Furthermore we don't even offer a $56 account.

I went back and checked my record, yeah it was not $56, it was $59.95, the Package name: SI-500, Invoice# 5117, dated: 2003/08/12, TransactionID 45993330 (my account id: p4perfec)

I have NOT used this account for a single day or single account, due to SI support mess up.

Robert, you must have forgotten me. I have requested for a refund, but I was denied because by the time it was more than 40 days.

You can check my support ticket dated 21st Dec. 2003 (TicketID: CLK-97265)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Beno :), both negative and positive threads are great and I appreicate your honesty. However I was suspicious as many times in the past hosts have been labeled without further evidence.

I see the ticket and it seems the issue was with the promotion we were running at the time. I'm sorry that solidinternet was not to your satisfaction however that's the way both products differ (solidinternet and myacen). By offering limited forum support we can pass on the savings to our customers. If you require a more extensive service ala more hand holding type service or one that has a better SLA myacen will be the obvious choice.

Solidinternet is all about reliability and low cost hosting. You often find budget providers offering similar plans but with support, problem with this is they come here complaining that the service is down. By investing the funds we save on technical staff back into our servers we are able to offer both cheap and reliable service.

For anyone that's interested: http://www.myacen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10161

I strongly advise you not to go with ultrix. They have horrible support, horrible downtime, and what appears to be tons of server problems.

It's ok Robert.
I didn't mind loosing $59.95 for learning a lession. Data is the most important thing, that I didn't loose anything there.

fireworkz,
I would strongly recommend going for Myacen, instead of Solidinternet.com, if your data is important.

Last edited:
I posted earlier praising ultrix. It was fine up to about the time I posted it here. Since then however, it has gone completely downhill. :sad2: Major downtimes, no customer support, etc. They have completely ignored all of there customers, and it has gotten many of them extremely mad. Me among them.

They kept us in the dark the whole time, and their reason for the downtime was maintinance. When we asked what kind of maintinence they said they didn't know. What kind of an answer is that? Its their servers, shouldn't they know what was happening to them??

Anyway, I'm trying to say DO NOT GOTO ULTRIX. :shame: It was a mistake for me to go there. Don't waste your money. (Plus they don't stick to their 30 day guarentee!) My recommendation: go with the other company (even though I have never used them, and have no idea what they are like. They can't be as bad as Ultrix though!)

Ultrixhosting.com is horrible... they ignore you and refuse to answer your IM.
Dont WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THEM... support is bad.. and uptime is basically a scam! 99.9% uptime??? hahah is that a joke? Half of the time they arent even up 50% of the time..

I am currently waiting for a reply in SolidInternet.com's support forums. I like what I see so far so might be getting their reseller account. :p

Yes, if solidinternet doesnt work out, find somewhere other then ultrix. They have proved to be a horrible host. Like runk-0-funk said, horrible downtime(voided the 99.9% uptime guarentee in 30 days), horrible support, they say get them on aim which is a miracle if you can get the one that signs on to reply, then they will tell the same person to post on the forums. I dont think they even care about the company as i have seen them looking at the forums but NOT ONE reply to a thread that went on 3 pages asking/telling what was going on. On top of that you have a chance of not even getting your account setup and them breaking the 30 day thing, they will change it to 7 days and avoid you till 7 days. I have seen multiple people post they do this. One person posted http://www.optixdesigns.com in one of my threads, the person said they have been up and around for 2 years which makes me more comfortable using them. They will be my next host probably unless anyone have something to say about them.

Back