• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

So I have all this unused bandwidth...

Canuckkev

Doctor Hexagon
NLC
...and am going to give more away.

Rules?
-English sites only
-Decent traffic
-You must place a small button linking to one of my sites.
-No forums
-No illegal material (duh)
-No adult material (no pr0n)

Specs?
-It's a paid hosting account...for free. So, it is hosted on premium servers, with CPanel, domain hosting (or *.3kd.net if you don't have a domain), PHP, Mysql (But like I said, NO FORUMS), you know, all the good stuff. One thing it doesn't have is Perl/CGI...but who uses that anyways?

Bandwidth/Space
-Pretty much negotiable.

Apply?
Reply with your current site, daily uniques, estimated monthly transfer usage.

This is I think my third thread about this, but it's just sad that I pay all this money for a years worth of hosting, and am using about 10% of my bandwidth.

If you have a site that uses more bandwidth than I can give you, then you really should look into paid hosting. I will put it that way. I want to refrain from using a fixed number, because other people who I have reserved a certain amount of bandwith for only use about 10% of what they said they would require.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
people who I have reserved a certain amount of bandwith for only use about 10% of what they said they would require.

I think people do this because they either want to "brag" about how well their site's doing when it really isn't, or they just give their site more credit than it's worth. As to not insult anyone, I'd give em the benefit of the doubt.

Seems like in this case they'd under-play their bandwidth usage. :p

Well...I suppose technically I can assign any number you require, but how many people need a whole lot of mysql databases? I wouldn't have a problem giving 5 or so...because to me, 5 databases for a small site seems like lots. I don't see how you could use more than 2 or 3.

But like I said, no forums.

There's a few things onc could install that would need it's own database. A forum for example. =) I'm sure there's other scripts out there that write several tables like forums do, but not many. =)

Common misconception: New PHPers think tables and databases are the same thing...

Also a common misconception : Every PHP script (software package) that uses mysql requires it's own database. You can simply share the database, and add the required tables for multiple software packages to run off of.

However, for a number a reasons, it can be more convenient to set aside a seperate db.

So, I've got one PM so far. Are any of you interested...?

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Also a common misconception : Every PHP script (software package) that uses mysql requires it's own database.

They do require *a* database, but not specifically their own. When I started writing scripts for the general public, most of the cheaper webhosts only offered one DB. I just kept the number of tables very low (one or two), and the option to set the table name (to run multiple copies under one DB).

I missed your "no forums" comment, or I wouldnt have even brought it up. =) I and many others do forum hosting, it shouldnt be a problem to anyone. :p

Hmm...not to judge anyone who sent my pm's too harshly, but I would rather give free hosting to quality sites.

No forums? Good question. What's your forum about?

And yes, you get all the email features you can handle...

Back