• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

SMF board host

ningleepo

I would like to obtain a host for a SMF board. It is for Runaway Studios, a small mod team for Soldat. Listed below is what would be needed for the site to be of any use.

• Transfer: 5 GB
  • Storage Space:100 MB
  • MySQL
  • A functional control panel (I'm hopeless without one)
  • PHP Script
  • No file extension limits (I need to upload some extension-less files)
  • Apache Server
  • FTP Access

Listed below is what would be preferred.

• Transfer: Any upgrade as I have no idea how much traffic we will have.
  • Storage Space: 250 MB
  • MySQL
  • CPanel 10
  • PHP Script
  • No file extension limits (I need to upload some extension-less files)
  • SMTP server (account activation, board functions, and newsletters only)
  • Apache Server
  • Multiple account FTP access
  • FreeDNS Subdomain Registeration

Any offers are greatly appreciated, and if your reading this, thankyou for your time.

I'm sorry, but my Netcraft toolbar shows your site as un-trustworthy, I'd rather not take that risk.

If thats not the case, then I'm sorry, but I really don't want to take the risk.

I'm sorry, but my Netcraft toolbar shows your site as un-trustworthy, I'd rather not take that risk.

If thats not the case, then I'm sorry, but I really don't want to take the risk.

Could you specify why it's stating we're a risk? I had just looked at Netcraft, and they claim GoDaddy.com as a trustworthy site, and we all know the truth behind that.

Could you specify why it's stating we're a risk? I had just looked at Netcraft, and they claim GoDaddy.com as a trustworthy site, and we all know the truth behind that.

It doesnt give a reason, and my netcraft tells me godaddy is bad.

It doesnt give a reason, and my netcraft tells me godaddy is bad.

According to the Netcraft index, it states that GoDaddy.com is one of the most trusted.

New York Internet and ThePlanet are the most reliable hosting companies for December 2006, followed closely by Navisite, OLM, Rackspace and Hostway and GoDaddy.

However, when you use the toolbar, it's stating it's not trustworthy.

Also, I found that my site isn't trustworthy because "It's New", and currently not surfed by Netcraft users.

According to the Netcraft index, it states that GoDaddy.com is one of the most trusted.

However, when you use the toolbar, it's stating it's not trustworthy.

Also, I found that my site isn't trustworthy because "It's New", and currently not surfed by Netcraft users.

Fair enough, lets have a try then, shall we?

Edit: I took another look, what does the whole FNx system mean?

www.ray9.net we can help you !

Sorry, but the free package on your site doesn't allow enough disk space, after I add the mods, packages, and themes, that will likely not hold it.

Last edited:
Fair enough, lets have a try then, shall we?

Edit: I took another look, what does the whole FNx system mean?

Sorry, but the free package on your site doesn't allow enough disk space, after I add the mods, packages, and themes, that will likely not hold it.

How much space are you looking for? Our biggest package is 1GB.

I think i will need 100MB, 50 like his free package is definitely wont cut it. Its right in my first post mes ami.

I can get you started. I am getting ready to start SMF Forum Hosting, so you would make a great addition to the forum hosting. I can offer you the following package:

Space- 200 MB (upgradeable)
Bandwidth- 5 GB
MySQL, FTP, etc....
CPanel Access

Anything else you want!!

If you want it, you can email me (paul AT csidevotion DOT net) or you can PM me.

I can get you started. I am getting ready to start SMF Forum Hosting, so you would make a great addition to the forum hosting. I can offer you the following package:

Space- 200 MB (upgradeable)
Bandwidth- 5 GB
MySQL, FTP, etc....
CPanel Access

Anything else you want!!

If you want it, you can email me (paul AT csidevotion DOT net) or you can PM me.

Is there a web site for your service I could look at? After what happened to my last host (site just died, he never responded to my PM's) I dont want to risk having to start over again, or getting a bad host. I'm not saying anyone is, but since were a mod team, we need a reliable host, other wise our mod could get lost with the site.

I think i will need 100MB, 50 like his free package is definitely wont cut it. Its right in my first post mes ami.

Most of our packages can fit your request? You just need a post or two, and you're on your way. But, posting for your hosting is really nothing, considering we offer an awesome service. We're currently at 100% uptime.

- FNxS

I think I'll go with tigersfan, his service looks very good. Is the offer still there?

Last edited:
I'd rather avoid a post to host system, I'm involved in many forums already, plus I'm already doing the maps for Runaway's first mod. Also, school is going to start up again soon, so I doubt I'll have time.

That's fine, good luck with your search. If you're ever interested, we'll be around.

I can offer just that

http://www.space-forum.co.uk

Space - 100mb
Bandwidth - 5GB
No Ads
5 posts to sign up
Direct Admin
1 Domain
3 Mysql
And More!!

To keep this plan you will need to stay active on the forum no maximum posts set just be active here and there.

My forum is running on SMF. so gives you idea of how well it works on the server

Back